Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Fable 2 for PC
Fable 2 for PC [message #47497] Sat, 22 November 2008 19:13 Go to next message
blademan12 is currently offline  blademan12
Does anyone know or think that Lionhead will make a PC version of Fable 2?

Re: Fable 2 for PC [message #47498 is a reply to message #47497] Sat, 22 November 2008 19:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
If they do, look for it around a year after the initial release date, same as with Fable.

My theory is that they may release an expanded version for PC called Fable 2 DX.
Shortly after doing so, DLC will be made available for adding the content to the 360 version making it Fable 2 DX as well.
Re: Fable 2 for PC [message #47512 is a reply to message #47498] Sun, 23 November 2008 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

JohnDoe wrote on Sat, 22 November 2008 19:21

If they do, look for it around a year after the initial release date, same as with Fable.

My theory is that they may release an expanded version for PC called Fable 2 DX.
Shortly after doing so, DLC will be made available for adding the content to the 360 version making it Fable 2 DX as well.

I agree.

They did it with fable 1. And fable 2 has soooo much missing.

SHould you have discussed this elsewhere?

Fable 2 discussions?

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: Fable 2 for PC [message #47721 is a reply to message #47497] Tue, 02 December 2008 16:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Desarial is currently offline  Desarial

http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/static/EkkZVyVVZEcPxYYYiA.ph p

^little birt of info on the whole dlc concept. if you go to the right pages you can find some screens and some info about just what kind of stuff will be vailable, I suggest visiting the lionhead dev blog.

http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/static/EkkZZFZFykeMonwOZr.ph p

^though not the most reliable information, if based off of some truth, we may see fable 2 on the pc at a much sooner date than over the course of a year.

all this infomration makes me think that you're going to release the dlc first so that when they release the pc version they can include the dlc and nobody get's anything ahead of the other. if they do release the pc version so soon they'll probably drop an expansion later in the history of the game, and include it as dlc on the xbox, but a that point anyone who's a fable fan that owns a pc will have already abandoned their xbox copy. I'm not sure, but I hope the game shapes up tpo be much larger than orignal, and alot of improvements could be made to the game, like removing glitches ansd allowing two players to actually play with there individual characters.

Current Projects:
Amber Archons(pending on requester)
Blind Eye(for combanation with scars over the eye)
A complete Sharigan Eye mod(will,normal,evil,blind)(becuase will just isn't enough)
Re: Fable 2 for PC [message #47776 is a reply to message #47497] Fri, 05 December 2008 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Rialdaran is currently offline  Rialdaran
if they do it's going to run horribly wrong, fable 2 is a great game, but i'll let you know without saying anything to ruin it, the ending sucks monkey nuts, but thats just my opinoin, my friends liked it though.

i just found out how to make super potions in fable TLC and super augments, like one augment that has all of them combined without it being too cheap. Very Happy
Re: Fable 2 for PC [message #47778 is a reply to message #47497] Fri, 05 December 2008 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

Yup, they are releasing a PC Version in February.

I read it off a site. Can't remember which one.

It wasn't the one you provided the links to. I read it on other sites too.

I see a new modding community coming alive.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg

[Updated on: Fri, 05 December 2008 15:30]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable 2 for PC [message #47779 is a reply to message #47778] Fri, 05 December 2008 15:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
DarkenedSoul wrote on Fri, 05 December 2008 17:29

I see a new modding community coming alive.
It can't be a premonition. We're already on it.
Re: Fable 2 for PC [message #47803 is a reply to message #47497] Sun, 07 December 2008 16:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

idk ending was balls, but that's beside the point. they're releasing a title update on live to fix the glitches, so hopefully they'll have mostly everything worked out by february. if not, it'll deffinitly be rushed, but then, most lionhead games are a bit rushed. can't wait for the expansion on friday though, man is that good, it'll throw some life into the game, though, not much, idk once the character is maxed out, everything get's a little, easy. I hope they were planning for that, cause it's just too easy. an easy game, isn't really entertaining, they need a difficulty setting. but, I'm sure us pc modders will work on that for the pc version.

Current Projects:
A complete Sharigan Eye mod(will,normal,evil,blind)(becuase will just isn't enough)
Re: Fable 2 for PC [message #47804 is a reply to message #47803] Sun, 07 December 2008 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Desarial wrote on Sun, 07 December 2008 18:49

I'm sure us pc modders will work on that for the pc version.
Yes, and I forgot that the we're working on PC formats, obviously we got the PC version before anyone. Neutral

PC version will make it a hell of a lot more convenient to mod, but until it's released, let's just focus on what we've got. Until we nail these formats and work out a few things, no modding is going to happen for either platform.
Re: Fable 2 for PC [message #47806 is a reply to message #47779] Sun, 07 December 2008 22:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
blademan12 is currently offline  blademan12
hey john do we need to make another account on the site u mentioned or can we use the same pass and username as on here?

Re: Fable 2 for PC [message #47807 is a reply to message #47497] Sun, 07 December 2008 23:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message

speakin gof the other site, how long did it take for the dev tools to come out for tlc? cause I 'm not goin gto lie, I can't crack nothing. my mods are mostly visual, the ones I've finished anyway. and I'm not much of a program since I never paid attention in class.

Current Projects:
Re: Fable 2 for PC [message #47808 is a reply to message #47807] Sun, 07 December 2008 23:23 Go to previous message

Retired
blademan12 wrote on Mon, 08 December 2008 00:44

hey john do we need to make another account on the site u mentioned or can we use the same pass and username as on here?
Different site, different database, different account. You have to sign up.
Desarial wrote on Mon, 08 December 2008 01:10

speakin gof the other site, how long did it take for the dev tools to come out for tlc? cause I 'm not goin gto lie, I can't crack nothing. my mods are mostly visual, the ones I've finished anyway. and I'm not much of a program since I never paid attention in class.
Years, and still in the making. We've figured out how to decompress the bnks and adbs, we have a utility for the bnks, and this is a very important part of the whole process. The actual asset modding is a bit of a ways off.
If you're looking for a studio modding suite, don't bother. We won't have anything set up for a long time. Right now we're just focusing on formats.
I'm not a cracker/hacker/coder either. But I like to keep up with what's going on and I like to help where I can, but I lack a 360 so my usefulness is very limited.
To anyone interested in helping, we could use people with 360s (modded or not), NXE, and of course a copy of the game. Hop in IRC.

irc://irc.dynastynet.net
/join #fable damnbots

You'll be guinea pigs and honey-doers (without the honey).
You'll be doing everything Silver says, like getting an NXE dump.
You'll be doing everything Hunter says, like testing his tools.
You'll be doing everything Keshire says, like testing his scripts (not time for that).
You'll be doing everything Satan says, like fetching him his paper.
You'll be doing everything I say, like dance.
You'll be doing everything everyone says.

Note that we might not always have a sincere job for you to do at any given moment, in which case you should go to the standby of finding out vulnerabilities in the Molyneux towers.

[Updated on: Mon, 08 December 2008 00:40]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Fable 2 Thoughts
Next Topic: morerunes.com?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:03:26 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01356 seconds