Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » new area request....
icon7.gif  new area request.... [message #47571] Wed, 26 November 2008 12:26 Go to next message
Zaredda is currently offline  Zaredda
hi guys...
i'm new here so i don't know if there is any mod of new areas...but i was thinking that it could be great to have some new areas....like a big city in darkwood or somethink like that.... Very Happy
and if it is imposible to do just tell me....
thx for ur time byebye....
Re: new area request.... [message #47575 is a reply to message #47571] Wed, 26 November 2008 12:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

Well you could always just make one of the regions a village... Thats possible.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: new area request.... [message #48108 is a reply to message #47571] Fri, 26 December 2008 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fritske is currently offline  fritske
another area is impossible because we can't edit FinalAlbion.bwd i think (thats the only thing i can think of)
Re: new area request.... [message #48109 is a reply to message #48108] Fri, 26 December 2008 17:38 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
fritske wrote on Fri, 26 December 2008 17:23

another area is impossible because we can't edit FinalAlbion.bwd i think (thats the only thing i can think of)
You're right, and then you're wrong. Yes we can edit the bwd. It's the stb that the general population can't touch. And I'm not even sure if that's it.

Completely new maps is something I've yet to accomplish, and it's one of those things that I've... Let's say you wanted to shoot the broad side of a barn at ten feet with a shotgun. I've unloaded enough shells to supply a militia at the damn barn but I hit nothing. It's not the stb, it only supplies level meshes. The levs are the heightmaps, length/width of the map, various other things. The tngs are the map scripts. The bwd/wld determines which maps are used where. The wad is the levs/tngs pre-dump, so leave that one out. The gtg is global things, doesn't really matter, qst files are quests, again, doesn't matter. Don't think I left anything out.

The game can play without the bwd, stb, and wad files (given the levs and tngs are in place). The tngs, gtg, and qst files can be blank, and I think the gtg can even be missing. The wld can be stripped of most things, so long as it has one defined map and one defined region (and the one defined map has a tng containing the holy site that the userst.ini lists as a starting place).

What I've been tossing about back and forth through my head is that somewhere else is some sort of restriction. Either it's specifically pulling the names of the maps, or has a set limit on number of regions, or within certain dimensions of "Albion", or something, just some sort of restriction. I've not found it though.
Previous Topic: A Cool Idea...Hopefully...
Next Topic: Can you ?? Help
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 13:18:29 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00863 seconds