Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » morerunes.com?
morerunes.com? [message #47789] Sat, 06 December 2008 18:29 Go to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

morerunes.com?[ 14 votes ]
1. Make it 12 / 86%
2. Don't make it 2 / 14%

If you do think I should have a website, then what would you be looking for in such a site? A small forum? Just mods? Videos? Blog? Better way to contact me? Modding help/Tutorials?

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: morerunes.com? [message #47790 is a reply to message #47789] Sat, 06 December 2008 20:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
It would be great to promote yourself, as you do things outside of gaming and modding. With this in mind, if you were to make a site, I would think emphasis should be on what you've produced and what you can do. An "about you" section is probably a good idea as well, so a blog would be good, as well as contact information, but I would recommend against instant messaging details as keeping up with that can quickly suck the life and motivation out of you.

Videos for how to do the things you do, the way you do them, which you have done a lot of already, are a good thing too, but I wouldn't limit it to only modding knowledge.

As for the forum, ohgawdhavemercy, I strongly advise against starting a forum unless you're prepared to marry it. In most cases, it's more trouble than it's worth. Simple contact information should do fine. Perhaps you can have a commenting system put in place, easier to handle. If you want another way to get feedback from people aside from e-mail, you could utilize Twitter or something of the sort.

As for whether or not you should start a site, that's up to you, I can't say anything about that. These are just my two cents about what I would recommend if you were to start a site.
Re: morerunes.com? [message #47792 is a reply to message #47789] Sun, 07 December 2008 02:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

Great idea. An easy way to download your mods in order, since they are all great.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: morerunes.com? [message #47812 is a reply to message #47792] Mon, 08 December 2008 11:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NEOCHIKEN is currently offline  NEOCHIKEN
All of the above
morerunes you have put out more mods on this site I believe than anyone else and are by far the most deserving of your own site (sorry keshire, but you already have this site Very Happy )The only thing is if you want to make it or not we have no right to force this apon you however I can go ahead and volunteer myself to help you make the website because I am somewhat skilled In the and can do just about everything you want so send me a PM if you would like help designing it.

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2309/cloudstrifesigle5.png
Re: morerunes.com? [message #47816 is a reply to message #47812] Mon, 08 December 2008 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Well, by people's responses I'd say it sounds like a popular idea, and I quite like the idea myself.

I would like to design it completely by myself though, no offense. I want to be a graphic designer once I'm out of college, so I want practice, and I'd like to get acquainted with Java FX.

Re: morerunes.com? [message #47819 is a reply to message #47789] Mon, 08 December 2008 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lord Mason is currently offline  Lord Mason

Sounds like a good idea to me. JD pretty much said it all.

Hmm... Death Magnetic or Black Ice? So hard to choose.
Re: morerunes.com? [message #47834 is a reply to message #47819] Tue, 09 December 2008 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NEOCHIKEN is currently offline  NEOCHIKEN
more power to ya
I was just offering but I respect your resolve to do it yourself
EDIT:who the F@%$ said no?

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2309/cloudstrifesigle5.png

[Updated on: Tue, 09 December 2008 11:45]

Report message to a moderator

Re: morerunes.com? [message #47844 is a reply to message #47834] Tue, 09 December 2008 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Tyloric;244903

All of the above can be done here.
So, I say save your money.

Re: morerunes.com? [message #47845 is a reply to message #47789] Tue, 09 December 2008 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

I could make you a site for free, so cost isn't an issue.

It would only cost if you wanted a domain name.

Re: morerunes.com? [message #47847 is a reply to message #47845] Tue, 09 December 2008 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

like I said, I can make a site, I could even make a free site, but I want a domain name (morerunes.com) and I don't want any of the crud that free sites tend to have at the top

I used to have a site (a crappy one, but it was a site), and it was free since the server was in my basement, but it was constantly going down, and it wouldn't handle much traffic anyway.

Nah, I'm going to buy some webspace.

Re: morerunes.com? [message #47864 is a reply to message #47789] Wed, 10 December 2008 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

You sure? My sites are good

http://www.punkomaticalbum.webeden.co.uk

Is an example ^^

[Updated on: Wed, 10 December 2008 10:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: morerunes.com? [message #47878 is a reply to message #47864] Wed, 10 December 2008 15:07 Go to previous message

Administrator

I'm sure, but thanks

I'd really like to get some more practice

Previous Topic: Fable 2 for PC
Next Topic: How to annoy people - A collab.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:26:25 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01248 seconds