Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Site » General Discussion » Creating an "Immortal Child" Mod Help Please
icon5.gif  Creating an "Immortal Child" Mod Help Please [message #47854] Tue, 09 December 2008 21:29 Go to next message
ImmortalChild is currently offline  ImmortalChild
Hello! I have done some modding for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and then decided to take a shot at modding Fable: The Lost Chapters. The first thing I have mastered with Fable Explorer is installing a weapon mod and making it spawn in your inventory so I toke some time in exploring the features of the Fable Explorer program. But I'm still not very sure on how to do one more thing I currently desire to do.

I want to make a mod on making the main hero of the game stay as a child for the rest of the game. (This desire probably came from playing hours of Japanese RPGs.) I have a feeling that this may be tricky but I am willing to do it. If anyone can please give me instruction on how I can do this I would deeply appreciate it!

Thank you!
Re: Creating an "Immortal Child" Mod Help Please [message #47855 is a reply to message #47854] Tue, 09 December 2008 21:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
The hero and the child hero are for all intents and purposes the same thing, maybe minus model helpers. You could do a simple mesh swap, toss the CHeroMorphDef, get rid of scars/bruising in the CCreatureDef, give him the CSkeletalMorphDef that the child hero has, and that should be it. I feel like I'm forgetting something though. Note that the kid probably won't be able to wear armour or hair styles/beards/mustaches without it looking weird, and that the quiver might not appear correct. Horns should be disabled, CAppearanceModifierDef in OBJECT_HORNS, delete the entries in the array that has the AppearOnRank/DisappearOnRank stuff. That should get rid of all the morphing, I suppose you could do the CAppearanceModifierDefs of the all the hair styles to be thorough, pretty much the same thing to be done with the horns except just get rid of the balding ones and leave the base ones.

All in all it should be pretty easy.

Side note: With an edited model to include helpers, rid him of clothing and hair, and a set of textures for when he's nude and all of the morphing, and an edited set of bones, he can be made able to use all of the morphing that the Hero has. Unfortunately I don't think anyone one cares enough to make the model, or make the textures or set up the new morphing. It could be done though.

[Updated on: Tue, 09 December 2008 21:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Creating an "Immortal Child" Mod Help Please [message #47856 is a reply to message #47854] Tue, 09 December 2008 21:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ImmortalChild is currently offline  ImmortalChild
Oh... I completely forgot about those problems. But I have a feeling that it will all work out in the end. Thank you very much for posting a reply! I deeply appreciate it!
Re: Creating an "Immortal Child" Mod Help Please [message #47901 is a reply to message #47856] Fri, 12 December 2008 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NEOCHIKEN is currently offline  NEOCHIKEN
should be a simple boneswap.

http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/2309/cloudstrifesigle5.png
Re: Creating an "Immortal Child" Mod Help Please [message #48181 is a reply to message #47901] Mon, 29 December 2008 16:29 Go to previous message
GameIon is currently offline  GameIon
Bone swapping and model changing will do the trick. But once you get your skills maxed out, all the muscles go to the head, literally. It become so big, you'll wish that you didn't boneswap. So I suggest you make a backup of your previous bones beforehand.
Previous Topic: music of choice??
Next Topic: Weapon title change
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 07:34:26 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01305 seconds