Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » I really need help with retexturing!
I really need help with retexturing! [message #47858] Wed, 10 December 2008 03:07 Go to next message
Pyro is currently offline  Pyro

okay, guys! Listen up! I was trying to retexture the uhh.. platemail armors, you know. But, before the problem is told, I'll describe the procedure..

1.I saved the texture as .dds in my computer..
2.I edit it..saved it too, as a matter of fact!
3.I open FE----)blah,blah, open new, set as dxt1, 0 alpha, the new texture showed up on the tiny screen...

4.Dunno' save mods and run fable?
5.Voila! No changes! Nothin'!

What went wrong? Am I missing some bullshit progresses here, eh?
Re: I really need help with retexturing! [message #47859 is a reply to message #47858] Wed, 10 December 2008 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Try this one instead.
Pyro wrote on Wed, 10 December 2008 05:07

1.I saved the texture as .dds in my computer..
2.I edit it..saved it too, as a matter of fact!
3.I open FE----)blah,blah, open new, set as dxt1, 0 alpha, the new texture showed up on the tiny screen...
4. Click Apply changes
5.Dunno' save mods and run fable?
6.Voila!
Re: I really need help with retexturing! [message #47861 is a reply to message #47859] Wed, 10 December 2008 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Been there, done that..
Forgot to include in my previous post, though...
Putain...
Shaaqi...
Oh, I forgot! Thanks for trying anyway, JohnDoe!
Anyone else?

[Updated on: Wed, 10 December 2008 06:41]

Report message to a moderator

Re: I really need help with retexturing! [message #47862 is a reply to message #47861] Wed, 10 December 2008 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
The only other thing that comes to mind is that you're getting the wrong texture.

It's a good practice to trace everything from the root game.bin entry.

game.bin
OBJECT/CREATURE/BUILDING entry
Scroll down to see the graphic used, click the Model ID link to see the model entry
Go to the Materials tab
Left panel, you'll see a list of submeshes for the model, clicking one will give you it's details in the right panel
The number for the Base Texture ID is the texture to edit.

Though it's a long process, you can't go wrong with it.

The reason for this is that there are a handful of duplicate texture and model entries, not to mention unused entries, and depending on what you're editing, it's easy to get the wrong one.
Re: I really need help with retexturing! [message #47863 is a reply to message #47862] Wed, 10 December 2008 07:35 Go to previous message

Hmmm...come to think of it, that is possible.So that's why the texture ID from the mesh doesn't match the one from...ah, okay, okay.
I'll try it out. Thanks, brother!
Previous Topic: Animated Materials?
Next Topic: .x free 3d editors?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri May 03 13:42:26 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01841 seconds