Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Turn Off Animations?
Turn Off Animations? [message #48506] Sat, 10 January 2009 07:26 Go to next message
Dr Tanner is currently offline  Dr Tanner
I've had go with the forum's search function but I wasn't able to find any mod, tool or utility that did this.

Basically what I'm after is something that turns animations for character models off. Presumably this will force the models into a T-pose, and from there I can 3D screencap them and port them into a 3D modelling program.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, including any utilities or tools you could recommend to let me view the models straight from the game files or source.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Turn Off Animations? [message #48509 is a reply to message #48506] Sat, 10 January 2009 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Just export the models with Fable Explorer.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: Turn Off Animations? [message #48516 is a reply to message #48509] Sat, 10 January 2009 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh wow. That is extremely helpful and useful. Thanks very much.

One thing, though - 3D Ripper DX doesn't seem to like FE very much. Is there a way to export these models otherwise, particularly in a 3DSMax-friendly format?

Also, some of the textures seem to be missing or fubar'd in a few of the meshes, e.g., Maze's face is missing except for his tattoos. This is a minor issue, but any advice would be appreciated.

[Updated on: Sat, 10 January 2009 13:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Turn Off Animations? [message #48522 is a reply to message #48516] Sat, 10 January 2009 14:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
No, FE has an export function. You can use this to export the models.
The missing face isn't really missing, there's an alpha texture over his face.
There are some buildings that have incorrect textures and texture coordinates, we're not really sure what's going on with that, but everything else is okay.

You can grab the DirectX SDK, included is a DirectX model viewer, though I don't think it can be used with textures if that's what you're looking for. If it is, Blender or other DirectX-compatible 3D modeling packages will be able to do this.
Re: Turn Off Animations? [message #48523 is a reply to message #48522] Sat, 10 January 2009 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh wow, that's great. Thanks a bunch, it's much appreciated.

One last thing - there's one mesh in particular that I'm looking for, but after three runs through the graphics.big MBANK_ALLMESHES section where everything else seems to be, I can't find him.

He's an undead, with a red cape and curly horns. In-game, he summons other minor undead.

In fact, I haven't been able to find any of the regular undead, only Nostro and his friends that are exclusive to the quest that involves them. I'm assuming they must be all in one place.

Thanks so much for all your help - and patience - so far.
Re: Turn Off Animations? [message #48525 is a reply to message #48523] Sat, 10 January 2009 15:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Dr Tanner wrote on Sat, 10 January 2009 16:33

In fact, I haven't been able to find any of the regular undead, only Nostro and his friends that are exclusive to the quest that involves them. I'm assuming they must be all in one place.
They will all be in one place. If I remember correctly, you're talking about one of the generals. One of them is complete, the other is broken into pieces. I'm guessing the one that is in pieces is the one you're looking for.
Re: Turn Off Animations? [message #48527 is a reply to message #48525] Sat, 10 January 2009 15:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah, you're right.

His torso and legs are mislabelled, oddly. Probably why I didn't catch it the first couple of times. Thanks a bunch, I'll see if I can cobble him together in 3DSMax or something.

Now the "Export" buttons only seem to apply to the Sub Header and Data Entry, and the LOD isn't what I want to save, exactly. So what do I need to do to export these models? I'm sorry to be such a bother but to be fair it is my first day. ._.

Re: Turn Off Animations? [message #48530 is a reply to message #48527] Sat, 10 January 2009 15:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Export the LOD. That's the model.
Re: Turn Off Animations? [message #48531 is a reply to message #48530] Sat, 10 January 2009 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is extremely rad, thank you so much for all your help. I'm fighting the urge to ask about DirectX model viewers, though. I'm sure I can figure that out by myself.

If I do manage to get this guy and a few others ragdolled I'll be sure to upload them here. Very Happy

Thanks again!
Re: Turn Off Animations? [message #48532 is a reply to message #48531] Sat, 10 January 2009 15:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
That's all fine and good, but I'm hoping you aren't intent on getting those in the game ragdolled.
The DirectX model viewer comes as a sample utility (in addition to a few other cool things) with the DirectX SDK (don't get this if you don't really want it).
For 3DS, you'll need plugins for the models. Xporter for import (won't work on export, animated models are fubar'd and critical pieces in static models are renamed); Pandasoft for export (make sure to tick bones, untick animations on export setting, make sure it looks like this and dismiss the version number you see, it's all the same settings).

[Updated on: Sat, 10 January 2009 15:42]

Re: Turn Off Animations? [message #48533 is a reply to message #48532] Sat, 10 January 2009 15:40 Go to previous message
Oh man, that is hell of useful.

Thanks again - I just went and Googled "DirectX model viewer" like a genius but that's even better, thanks a lot.

EDIT: I should probably mention that my intention is to ragdoll these guys for GMod, so it's not likely to be very complicated. Getting the models is the hard part, believe me.

[Updated on: Sat, 10 January 2009 16:12]

Previous Topic: Better guards
Next Topic: I want to look old
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:49:05 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01335 seconds