Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » I want to look old
I want to look old [message #48561] Sun, 11 January 2009 18:18 Go to next message
smurfsoldier is currently offline  smurfsoldier

i have seen dozens of posts on how to stop aging and look younger, but not one on looking older. is it possible to look older? grow a longer beard etc etc any help would be greatly appreciated.
Re: I want to look old [message #48562 is a reply to message #48561] Sun, 11 January 2009 18:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GetAJoB is currently offline  GetAJoB
so basically you want a hero that looks like a hunched over mound of wrinkles and bumps?
well that sort of thing would need re texturing i think.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w314/karrottop13/2564631231_244712dd88_o.png
Re: I want to look old [message #48563 is a reply to message #48562] Sun, 11 January 2009 19:17 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Maximum age morphing is the simple way to go here.
An idea would be to make a new bncfg and manually add it to the names.bin or use an unused one that's already in the names.bin if there is one or hijack one. Edit the bones to make him smaller, thinner, then assign it in the bone morphs and make it age dependent.

Longer beards, no, unless you want them to be static. No layman (myself included) can add dynamic models to the graphics.big, so what you'd end up with is a rock-solid growth coming out of the Hero's face, and unlike the beards already in the game, it won't be affected by things like gravity, wind, Hero's movement, etc.

For older looking textures, you could retexture the old morphing base and bump textures, add liver spots, add more wrinkles, make the hair lighter, throw more alpha on it to make it appear thinner.

You can also make the Hero balding process age dependent, that's done in the CHeroMorphDef like the other morphing mentioned, and also in the CAppearanceModifierDef of each OBJECT_HERO_HAIR entry.

Refer to the Wiki for what flags where set the dependency for what type of morphing. Search the forum for manually adding to the names.bin, I'm certain Silver's explained it at least once. Refer to FableExplorer documentation in the FE thread as well as in the Wiki for how to extract/import textures. For anything else, just ask here.

[Updated on: Sun, 11 January 2009 19:19]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Turn Off Animations?
Next Topic: Summoners?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:11:04 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01352 seconds