Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Editing Summoning Skill Not Working? (I've read the guide, don't bother flaming me with that idea)
Editing Summoning Skill Not Working? (I've read the guide, don't bother flaming me with that idea) [message #48624] Thu, 15 January 2009 09:19 Go to next message
Toyotaspeed
Halloooooooooooooo!

Well, I've recently started Fable modding, and I've read all the wiki entries and most of the guides before coming to some questions. This is a simple question for most, I'm guessing, but it's a question nonetheless.

When I use CREATURE_SUMMONER_01 using this guide, and I save the mods, I still spawn a hornet when I use the Summoner skill. Is it because the Summoner just isn't summonable? Or is there another name for it somewhere that I'm not using?
Re: Editing Summoning Skill Not Working? (I've read the guide, don't bother flaming me with that ide [message #48625 is a reply to message #48624] Thu, 15 January 2009 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
You need to start a new profile.

What that guide leaves out is that if you want a creature that isn't summonable, you'll need to make a new CSummonableCreatureDef and assign it to the creature. It also leaves out that if you want to make the summoned creature permanent so that it doesn't change into the next thing it kills, you need to change the rank in the CSummonableCreatureDef to some ridiculously high number.
Re: Editing Summoning Skill Not Working? (I've read the guide, don't bother flaming me with that ide [message #48626 is a reply to message #48625] Thu, 15 January 2009 11:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Or use this.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: Editing Summoning Skill Not Working? (I've read the guide, don't bother flaming me with that ide [message #48631 is a reply to message #48624] Thu, 15 January 2009 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toyotaspeed
Ah, so for this (and most other definition edits) you need to start a new profile to get the edits to work, because the old profiles are using data from the old defnitions..?
Re: Editing Summoning Skill Not Working? (I've read the guide, don't bother flaming me with that ide [message #48634 is a reply to message #48631] Thu, 15 January 2009 15:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

Toyotaspeed wrote on Thu, 15 January 2009 14:19

Ah, so for this (and most other definition edits) you need to start a new profile to get the edits to work, because the old profiles are using data from the old defnitions..?

Yup, pretty much.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: Editing Summoning Skill Not Working? (I've read the guide, don't bother flaming me with that ide [message #48639 is a reply to message #48631] Thu, 15 January 2009 23:40 Go to previous message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Toyotaspeed wrote on Thu, 15 January 2009 23:19

If you refer to my mod: no you don't need to start a new game. Read what it says... Rolling Eyes

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Previous Topic: Help
Next Topic: Maze's/Whispers Staff turns me into a statue
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 03:46:39 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00967 seconds