Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Development » Tools » FableExplorer - ShadowNet Builds
FableExplorer - ShadowNet Builds [message #49053] Sun, 08 February 2009 18:49 Go to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

These were written by Silverback off of the standard FE, which was done by Hunter.

Shadownet has searching and fmp merging built in, and the ability to right click a file and choose to back it up or restore from a backup (and maybe some other stuff, I don't know). Don't ask me for support or how to use these. If they work, great. If not, don't complain to me. I've found the Shadownet build to be my favorite one. You can also compile fmp files with script.bin edits that work with any other program that loads fmp's (even a different FE or CBox).

Just extract the contents to a folder somewhere, go here and download def.xml and put it in the same folder, and then you can run the program.

ShadowNet w/Sound needs the xbox adpcm codec installed to even listen to the sound files. You can listen to the .met or find a specific Text.Big entry to listen to the audio if it is available. Program was discontinued as code was lost and it was not finalized. Confused Codec is here and in the relevant download.

ShadowNet w/Sound is broken, it's better only to use it to listen/extract some sounds, doesn't work with all of them.
You need .NET Framework 3.5 or higher to use these.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"

[Updated on: Mon, 28 December 2009 09:31] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable Explorer with Sound and 'Shadownet Build' [message #49060 is a reply to message #49053] Sun, 08 February 2009 19:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
And let's not forget the built-in backup function. Wink
morerunes wrote on Sun, 08 February 2009 20:49

Don't ask me for support or how to use these. If they work, great. If not, don't complain to me.
I just want to emphasize this. It should work with .net Framework 3.5. If it doesn't work, don't bother asking why or asking for help. I'll delete all of your useless posts starting with the one asking for support.
Re: Fable Explorer with Sound and 'Shadownet Build' [message #49063 is a reply to message #49060] Mon, 09 February 2009 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Nice, have to install net 3.5 first. Can't wait to check her out....
/me hopes it'll fire up Wink

[edit]
Guess this build is obsolete now? [yes] Anyway the .bat file for merging should work with this build too.

Merging fmp's by hand still works like
fableexplorer.exe -fc mod1.fmp mod2.fmp mod3.fmp output.fmp

Or not?

Not. It has an inteface now. So you won't need the .bat file anymore. Merging mods is a nice function, I used it for both newitempacks. Be carefull before releasing any large merged mods though, and do thorough testing. I had to split the newitempackv2 in three seperate fmp's because FE gave an error with a single fmp. Strange thing is that splitting the fmp into 3 works somehow, although in the end they have the same content.

[edit 2]
Guess I'm out of luck - doesn't run. Will try on a different pc as well in the near future.

For reference, the system I'm talking about:
eee pc 900, 900mhz celeron, 1gb ram, winxp home sp3, .net 3.5 ,Microsoft Visual C++ SP1 Update.

[edit 3]
Found my problem - I never updated my directx on the eeepc, so it runs now... Wink

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.

[Updated on: Mon, 09 February 2009 12:35]

Re: Fable Explorer with Sound and 'Shadownet Build' [message #51115 is a reply to message #49060] Sun, 03 May 2009 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

idiotmodman wrote on Sun, 03 May 2009 22:02

is there something i have to do to get the framework installed all the different framework downloads i try get an error..

i JUST started to try to mod and i dont know anything i really need help can anyone tell me the latest fable explorer and how to install the framework for that latest version or the version most suited for a noob?

if ur just gunna say "find out yourself" or anything like that then just dont even bother replying to this because the only thing it will do is annoy me...

anyway if anyone will show me the best videotutorial or something that will really teach me how to do this! Very Happy

Download .net 3.5 here. If it doesn't work, go to a support forum for microsoft stuff. But you shouldn't have any problems whatsoever.

System Requirements for .net 3.5:
Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003; Windows Server 2008; Windows Vista; Windows XP
Processor: 400 MHz Pentium processor or equivalent (Minimum); 1GHz Pentium processor or equivalent (Recommended)
RAM:96 MB (Minimum); 256 MB (Recommended)
Hard Disk: Up to 500 MB of available space may be required
CD or DVD Drive: Not required
Display: 800 x 600, 256 colors (Minimum); 1024 x 768 high color, 32-bit (Recommended)

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: FableExplorer - ShadowNet Builds [message #51984 is a reply to message #49053] Thu, 11 June 2009 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
hankhenry1 wrote on Thu, 11 June 2009 22:33

I'm using the newest shadownet up for download.
That one is broken and should really only be used to navigate the sound files, maybe extract a few of them. Use the other one, it's stable.

And get the def.xml from the FE thread, as instructed.
Re: FableExplorer - ShadowNet Builds [message #60215 is a reply to message #49053] Wed, 17 November 2010 02:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Akantenshu is currently offline  Akantenshu
Im pretty sure this is where i post this.I have downloaded showdownet a few times now and i try to use winrar to unpack it,but it keeps telling me that theres an unexpected end of archive.There is also the CRC failed in shadownet. The files is corrupt. i dont know if im doing something wrong or if its my comp,but i would apperciate any help.

I have just tryed it in 7zip and its telling me the files is broken.

[Updated on: Wed, 17 November 2010 02:48]

Re: FableExplorer - ShadowNet Builds [message #60261 is a reply to message #60215] Fri, 19 November 2010 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Qarthos is currently offline  Qarthos
I am new to scripting and am lost in the tech speak in this forum. I am desperately trying to get the sound files from this game and convert them to mp3 or a similarly common format (for listening, creating ringtones etc)
I can't find how to use the def.xml codec or how to enable it with windows vista (as shadownet sound tells me to).
I have downloaded that as well as both ShadowNet and ShadowNetSound.
I have set my net framework to 3.5
I still get the "FableExplorer.exe has stopped working" error
Re: FableExplorer - ShadowNet Builds [message #60264 is a reply to message #60261] Fri, 19 November 2010 15:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Qarthos wrote on Fri, 19 November 2010 11:04

I can't find how to use the def.xml codec or how to enable it with windows vista (as shadownet sound tells me to).
wut
The def.xml is not a codec. It tells FableExplorer how to read the definitions.
The codec is the xbadpcm and it is included in the download. Right-click the inf and click install.
Your problem is not limited to the codec, if it were the only problem you'd experience is that you wouldn't be able to hear sounds.
Follow the Vista guide in the tutorials forum.
Re: FableExplorer - ShadowNet Builds [message #60919 is a reply to message #49053] Wed, 22 December 2010 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bloody Nose is currently offline  Bloody Nose
I can no longer drag files into the create a fmp window. Thats any files, yes I gave the program administrator privs, and it started after windows explorer crashed and I restarted it.
Re: FableExplorer - ShadowNet Builds [message #60920 is a reply to message #60919] Thu, 23 December 2010 00:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scythe of Blades is currently offline  Scythe of Blades
try redownloading it and make sure to get a new def.xml too.

I envy because of the heart,
I glutton because of the heart,
I covet because of the heart,
I am prideful because of the heart,
I sloth because of the heart,
I rage because of the heart,
Because of the heart
I lust for everything about you
Re: FableExplorer - ShadowNet Builds [message #60921 is a reply to message #60919] Thu, 23 December 2010 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
That will solve nothing, it's some sort of user error. Don't post in the tools section unless you're posting a tool.
Re: FableExplorer - ShadowNet Builds [message #70242 is a reply to message #49053] Thu, 03 April 2014 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
A lot of people don't know about this, but you can extract animations using this version of FE. I might have mentioned it before.

Open your model in FE, and then drag an animation entry onto the model. When you export the mesh, the animation will be exported with it.

Import is not supported.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Re: FableExplorer - ShadowNet Builds [message #70244 is a reply to message #70242] Thu, 03 April 2014 21:30 Go to previous message
asmcint is currently offline  asmcint

I knew you could view them, didn't know about exporting. Would it be possible to add some level of import support?(rhyme unintentional)

Read the site rules, as well as individual thread rules, stickies and announcements, and use search, or you will have smartassy or exasperated ownage rained down upon you by the site's crack team of mods and admins. Also, you can find all you need to get started on modding here.
Previous Topic: Miscellaneous Applications
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:11:47 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01173 seconds