Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Problems with adding a new texture
Problems with adding a new texture [message #49819] Wed, 11 March 2009 11:29 Go to next message
Kale_Nakamaru is currently offline  Kale_Nakamaru
I found a source on here about duplicating objects, and images by changing the name and saving the file... but what about the ID's?
for some reason half of the time the objects will change as a new object and the other half they don't and just overwrite...
and when i try to redo mesh and textures they just overwrite... at this moment i have two windows open contianing what use to be a texture and the original...
the one window in FE has all the original name,id,image
the second has a new name, id, and image that i did in dxt1 no alpha...

but it won't duplicate, it only overwrites it... what is happening?

i also tried searching on here for a couple hours for a solution... but no help... can someone help me out?

thanks,
Kale
Re: Problems with adding a new texture [message #49823 is a reply to message #49819] Wed, 11 March 2009 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

What are you duplicating? A texture or a whole object?

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: Problems with adding a new texture [message #49832 is a reply to message #49819] Wed, 11 March 2009 17:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well... Both!
let me break it down like this...
Item I'm Rate it
Trying to Actually Does
Duplicate
Objects 50-75%
Texts, Cdefs 0-25%
Mesh, Textures 0%

I was told to rename the Item and apply changes and it would work... but as you can see it barely did... only the objects seemed to actually do so...

Also I just can't get my new textures to even retexture old ones...
I place the file in i tried (.dds, .bmp, .tga, etc.) they all seem to work as the DTX1 and i set the alpha to 0... when I open the chest the item will pop up... sometimes baring the texture for 0.5 seconds and off to the crazy rainbow barrage of pixles! then when i exit the chest event and go into my inventory it appears black and also when i wear it... it is black... so i don't know what happened there... i tried that trick listed in the 'Pimp Suit' Topic and 'Link's Tunic' Topic...

and Thanks for the Reply!
Re: Problems with adding a new texture [message #49833 is a reply to message #49819] Wed, 11 March 2009 18:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Who told you this?

Re: Problems with adding a new texture [message #49837 is a reply to message #49819] Wed, 11 March 2009 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Technically I found it on this site somewhere when i was searching... in my endless search time (hours!)

it only works some of the time for the objects...

anyway you can help me?

and if you meant the 'Pimp Suit' and 'Link's Tunic' Topics, it was when i was searching... the Link one was posted by NEOCHIKEN and i forgot the Pimp one...
Re: Problems with adding a new texture [message #49838 is a reply to message #49819] Wed, 11 March 2009 20:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Sure, i can help.

Don't use that method, use the one i use.

1. Find out what you are going to be duplicating. For this session, we will use OBJECT_IRON_LONGSWORD to duplicate.

2. Find this item and make sure you know it's location. This is an OBJECT, so it is in game.bin. So scroll down to OBJECTS in Game.bin, Press the + next to Objects to open the entries, and find OBJECT_IRON_LONGSWORD (To make things quicker, it's number 5474). DOuble click it when you find it

3. Now, a new window should have spawned. This is the object entry for the Longsword. But we don't need that. All we need is one thing. Now, In the new window, press the big button near the top saying Export. It will ask you to save something. You can save it as anything, but lets call it Duplication_Test. Save it.

4. Now the slightly trickier part. In the top left hand corner of FE, there will be a load of gamefile names. Right click game.bin, and click Create New Entry...

5. Now, in the new window, press "Select Data File" and find the file you named Duplication_Test.

6. Now name the OBJECT entry in the field "Symbol Name". Lets call it OBJECT_DUPLICATION_TEST.

7. In the field below saying Type, this is an OBJECT entry, hence the type is OBJECT.

8. When all the fields are filled, click Create Entry.

And there you go. Your OBJECT_DUPLICATION_TEST will be in OBJECTS, near the top.

Now, this only copies the OBJECT entry. You will need to do this for every type of thing connected to the OBJECT. Such as all the CDefs, which are all found in game.bin. Compare it to an existing OBJECT to find out what you need.

Hope i helped. Once you've done this once it is so easy.

Re: Problems with adding a new texture [message #49855 is a reply to message #49819] Wed, 11 March 2009 22:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow! thanks! that totally cleared up the OBJECT area!

now for the textures... i'm gonna try to find this out... maybe in the mean time a little more help?
if you feel like it, i don't want to be a pest...

well thanks for the help!

hope you can help me out again!

EDIT:
So i figured out the sword textures now the only thing im having a problem with is the mask... i was trying to change the mask's texture... all i get is rainbow pixels when it is taken out of the chest and now its even invisible when i look at it other than the chest spawn!

[Updated on: Wed, 11 March 2009 23:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problems with adding a new texture [message #49869 is a reply to message #49855] Thu, 12 March 2009 10:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Kale_Nakamaru wrote on Wed, 11 March 2009 22:29

EDIT:
So i figured out the sword textures now the only thing im having a problem with is the mask... i was trying to change the mask's texture... all i get is rainbow pixels when it is taken out of the chest and now its even invisible when i look at it other than the chest spawn!

Glad i helped. And rainbow pixels = Corrupted texture i'm afraid. Try uploading the picture to the entry again.

Re: Problems with adding a new texture [message #49870 is a reply to message #49819] Thu, 12 March 2009 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well thats what I read... I tried saving it with the program and reusing it... i tried different save types... .dds(dxt1 no alpha) .dds(dxt1 alpha) .dds(dxt3) .bmp .jpg .png .tga
they all end up the same way...

should i export the JOB mask and redo the new mask?
that seems like the only texture problem i am having... lol
i wonder if anyone else has had so much problems with that mask...
Re: Problems with adding a new texture [message #49872 is a reply to message #49870] Thu, 12 March 2009 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Kale_Nakamaru wrote on Thu, 12 March 2009 11:01

i export the JOB mask and redo the new mask?

I guess so.

Corruption sucks.

Re: Problems with adding a new texture [message #49900 is a reply to message #49819] Fri, 13 March 2009 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It appears that if I use copy and paste... the picture will corrupt in the process... this is just a theory for me... i have no clue if it happens to anyone else this way... but if i copy and paste from a program to program... it will mess up...

i'm gonna run a few more tests before i finalize my theory...
Re: Problems with adding a new texture [message #49901 is a reply to message #49900] Fri, 13 March 2009 11:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Kale_Nakamaru wrote on Fri, 13 March 2009 10:09

It appears that if I use copy and paste... the picture will corrupt in the process... this is just a theory for me... i have no clue if it happens to anyone else this way... but if i copy and paste from a program to program... it will mess up...

i'm gonna run a few more tests before i finalize my theory...

Well, easy solution. Of it corrupts when exporting it and making another texture entry out of it, then import a different export and load the retexture bmp you made into that entry.

Re: Problems with adding a new texture [message #49953 is a reply to message #49819] Sun, 15 March 2009 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The New Fabled Ravrn
You are saying that you're loading your texture on another texture?
If this is the case, then you have to change DTX1-DTX3...

And as for DarkenedSoul's little guide, it may help you, but is
much longer and far more complicated, and in some cases wastes
space.

All you have to do if rename the OBJECT entry. You rename it whatever
you want, save it into an .fmp, and exit FE (DO NOT "save changes and run fable"!!!).

Now if you want to make a whole new weapon, you will need to rename the Cweapondef, CInventoryDef, and probably the texture + mesh. Just follow the same method, and you can rename the Cdef
in the game.bin by using the OBJECT entry as directions. As for
making the .fmp, just re-load the game.bin and find them in there tabs.

Remember to save everything into an .fmp, and then exit FE, without saving changes, and load it back up, then just load the .fmp.

I hope you use this, and if you do, it helps.

[Updated on: Sun, 29 March 2009 06:24]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Problems with adding a new texture [message #49954 is a reply to message #49819] Sun, 15 March 2009 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Good work, i hadn't thought about doing it that way.

Re: Problems with adding a new texture [message #49957 is a reply to message #49819] Sun, 15 March 2009 11:48 Go to previous message
Okay that seems like it makes sense... I'll try that from now on... I fixed the texture problem too... all i have to do is keep the file in one program, i figured out that copy and pasting corrupts my files...
any how i'm going to work on some of this now... see what happens... Thanks!
Previous Topic: Need help with Axe
Next Topic: Polearm model
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 15:47:01 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01002 seconds