Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Definitions » summoner mod
summoner mod [message #50160] Fri, 20 March 2009 09:26 Go to next message
spawn(lord of pingas) is currently offline  spawn(lord of pingas)

i thought no one else made a summoner mod so i did screeny avaible it works i tested it on my first save game so thats why low hp and mana i think it suits whit the summoner sword modindex.php?t=getfile&id=7530&private=0 edit:the green ? is mod othe ris imageindex.php?t=getfile&id=7532&private=0
  • Attachment: summoner2.fmp
    (Size: 16.13KB, Downloaded 687 times)

[Updated on: Fri, 20 March 2009 11:47]

Report message to a moderator

Re: summoner mod [message #51302 is a reply to message #50160] Fri, 15 May 2009 00:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aethiest is currently offline  Aethiest

its a good mod, but how do you get rid of it? its kinda annoying after a while, no offence. ive tried replacing the game.bin
Re: summoner mod [message #51304 is a reply to message #51302] Fri, 15 May 2009 06:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

I saw your post and installed the fmp to see what files get modded. The only file modded is the game.bin. I replaced that and the mod went away. Maybe your back-up game.bin got overwritten at some point. Get a fresh one off your disk.
Here is how:

Toggle Spoiler

Good luck.

Re: summoner mod [message #51305 is a reply to message #51304] Fri, 15 May 2009 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
jwc2200 wrote on Fri, 15 May 2009 08:09

I saw your post and installed the fmp to see what files get modded.
There's an easier and more effective way to do that.
If you rename the mod, changing the extension from FMP to BIG, you can open it from within FE like you would any other archive.
http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/8758/123hrp.png
Here you can see that the only modded archive is the game.bin and the only modded entry is CREATURE_HERO, which also tells me that this is a crappy mod.
Re: summoner mod [message #51306 is a reply to message #51305] Fri, 15 May 2009 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

It did kinda suck. It looks neat in the screenshot, but in-game it just looks wierd. The hero's head shows up sometimes and it moves funny.

Re: summoner mod [message #51307 is a reply to message #51306] Fri, 15 May 2009 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
jwc2200 wrote on Fri, 15 May 2009 08:43

It did kinda suck. It looks neat in the screenshot, but in-game it just looks wierd. The hero's head shows up sometimes and it moves funny.
That's precisely the problem with simple mesh swaps. It's not the head you're seeing, it's all of the effects, horns, hair (head and facial), and clothing attached to what is supposed to be the Hero.

An effective character swap mod needs to either disable all of those things or modify them to work with the new model, in addition to swapping the animations used and checking to make sure that the weapons normally issued to the Hero will work with the new model, and changing the voice would be a perfect way to top it off.

To my knowledge, no such mod has yet been made, at least not one that in-depth. But it would be a refreshing change to what is currently being mass produced.
Re: summoner mod [message #51715 is a reply to message #51307] Thu, 04 June 2009 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
big-weegonlygamers is currently offline  big-weegonlygamers
john im spawn(lord of pingas) but lost my darn email the prob in my very first mod is the walking u need to hold right to walk but you need to be nude and bald but the summoner sword looks good in screenies but it sucks in atack u cant fight proper but im working on a new mod but i could use some help with the bandits if they follow you that they can be teleported to

Re: summoner mod [message #51720 is a reply to message #51715] Thu, 04 June 2009 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
As for you being spawn(lord of pingas), trust me, I already know.
Any time there's a duplicate account, I know.
As for your post, that's pretty much everything Jason and I have already said.
As for you needing help, tutorials, read'em. If you need help understanding a tutorial, that's one thing, but asking for help before even trying is a good way to get ignored.
Re: summoner mod [message #51729 is a reply to message #51720] Thu, 04 June 2009 02:34 Go to previous message
big-weegonlygamers is currently offline  big-weegonlygamers
john i tried every single tutorial by brains are starting to asplode. 3d modeling won't work cuz i have due to 2008 31 december only 3 fingers on my right hand.(my neigbour trowed a striker at me).
so i cant even re-texture the damn stick thats why i need a teacher .i only can do as my first crap mod so i need a teacher. in that to and i tought by myself. that you could be a good teacher cuz i want to create good mods. like every 1 else and trust me typing with 8 fingers is kinda hard. Sad
but i just need a good etacher i dont understand those .bin stuff

Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:10:33 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01357 seconds