Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Need help with cbox (spawning weapons)
icon5.gif  Need help with cbox (spawning weapons) [message #50388] Sat, 28 March 2009 10:17 Go to next message
Takaro777 is currently offline  Takaro777
hello and before I write anything, sorry for my english! (I'm swiss)
I have a problem with cbox...

What I do to spawn an ingame weapon, I do this:
-First I open cbox
-Then I go to "Editors" => "Regoin Editor"
-After that I load a region (for example: "Lookout point")
-I spawn a chest(OBJECT_CHEST_OPENABLE) with "Things - new"
-I click on the "+" near CTCchest
-I select "add" and click on the 3 points to search for an object
-At least I select a weapon (for example: "OBJECT_CRYSTAL_LONGSWORD") and save.
-FINISHED (I open Fable and it works fine!)

My problem is the this:
When I try to spawn a Mod-Weapon (like OBJECT_AMBER_LONGSWORD) it works nice until I start Fable and open the chest wich contains the weapon. THEN THE GAME CHRASHES! (The "usual" error "Fable.exe has locate an error an have to close"...or something else)

I don't know what to do!!!
Thanks a lot if you can help me!

Greetz
Takaro777

Ps: I spend about 7 hours with searching for help in this forum!!!
Re: Need help with cbox (spawning weapons) [message #50395 is a reply to message #50388] Sat, 28 March 2009 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Sounds like an issue with the mod. I don't know that there's anything that you can do about it.

Try taking everything out but one at a time, and see which weapons it crashes on. Then make sure you have the right spelling on the object. If it only crashes on one or two objects, then just post messages in those mod pages explaining that they crash your game, and hope that it gets fixed (unless of course it's your fault it's not working for some reason, in which case this method won't work).

Good luck.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Need help with cbox (spawning weapons) [message #50398 is a reply to message #50388] Sat, 28 March 2009 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
I agree with morerunes. There is a problem with something you are using. I can vouch for the amber weapons though, those will not be your problem. It likely isn't a script error either, since you can make it so far as to open the chest. Script syntax error = crash entering region. Script item typo = item is skipped, won't cause crash.

Be wary of certain mods. Depending on how they were made, it is possible for them to break other mods, so it can be difficult to tell where the problem is. Just a head's up.
Re: Need help with cbox (spawning weapons) [message #50408 is a reply to message #50388] Sun, 29 March 2009 04:13 Go to previous message
Takaro777 is currently offline  Takaro777
ok...
I downloaded also the "staff pack" and used the "icestaff" but the game still chrashes...(either I download only weapons wich don't work or my Fable likes it to make me feel stupid Rolling Eyes )
Two mods are working :
The "balverin transform mod" and the "keshire katana" (In case of the katana it works because it's made to replace the "Hiruye Katana" why I don't have to spawn it)

Ps: I never had 2 mods at the same time in the game

OH! I forgot to say!
thanks that you try to help me! Cool

[Updated on: Sun, 29 March 2009 04:49] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: free roam help!
Next Topic: wtf grrr....
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:09:23 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01027 seconds