Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Aging..blah.
icon11.gif  Aging..blah. [message #50469] Wed, 01 April 2009 00:54 Go to next message
Scudreloaded is currently offline  Scudreloaded

Alright.
on the other site i saw that you can change what your heroes max/min age is.
i was wondering if i set that number to be like say 18 or 20. but something young still is the point. mostly so my hair won't get all white lookin.
will i still age via upgrading my will?
and im already pretty far in my game, so i look mega old. lol might have to start over if i want it bad enough..lol and i just beat jock o blades and started the TLC stuff..
but can't i just donate to that one shrine and donate my age down?
Sorry if these seem like dumb questions.
Re: Aging..blah. [message #50470 is a reply to message #50469] Wed, 01 April 2009 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Forget donating. In modding, there is no need for game exploits.

Age morphing is done based on the the current age and the difference between the maximum age and the minimum age. Changing the maximum age to 20 will leave you with the opposite result. You will have maximum aging at the age of 20. What you should instead do is set the maximum age to a ridiculously high number, phenomenally high. Yes, you will still age, but the point is that the Hero will never reach that maximum age, and will then never have maximum aging effects.

I don't know if this will work on an existing game.

If you consider a new game, you may also want to change the amount of age gained from purchasing a skill or an upgrade to a skill from 0.7 to 0. This way, not only will you never reach maximum aging effects, you'll also barely age at all, with the exceptions of the few quests that will add a year or two to the Hero's age.
Re: Aging..blah. [message #50473 is a reply to message #50470] Wed, 01 April 2009 07:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Scudreloaded is currently offline  Scudreloaded

Thank you. This has been helpful.
yeah i figured it won't work well with a new game. so i'll just have to keep playing it, no point by now to keep looking young i believe. since its a purly visual effect - atleast i believe it is.
but yeah lol..i guess i can imagine making his max age 25 and he looking all old. imagine the frustration lol. thanks for saving me the headache.
Re: Aging..blah. [message #50474 is a reply to message #50473] Wed, 01 April 2009 09:09 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Scudreloaded wrote on Wed, 01 April 2009 09:50

thanks for saving me the headache.
No problem. I've been there, I understand. Wink
Scudreloaded wrote on Wed, 01 April 2009 09:50

yeah i figured it won't work well with a new game.
It will work perfectly with a new game. I was questioning whether or not it would work on an existing game. Try it, if it doesn't work, oh well. But it won't break anything, for certain.
Previous Topic: Magic mushrooms
Next Topic: besker item? sky change item?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:04:32 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01024 seconds