Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » I was thinking...
I was thinking... [message #50651] Fri, 10 April 2009 19:47 Go to next message
Pyro is currently offline  Pyro

I decided to go back to Fable modding, I guess...
Nothing to do here 'cause there's no game that I can mod with ease.
( Retexturing Oblivion requires 2gb! 2 ******* gigabytes!)

I took up capoeira and I think that Fable needs to get a new fighting style for the unarmed combat. If only I have the proper skills and tools, I can add the animations into Fable TLC using FE by replacing anim. values, am I right?

So, I was wondering, can you guys give me a list of motion capture studios in Malaysia?

Thanks in advance.
Re: I was thinking... [message #50653 is a reply to message #50651] Fri, 10 April 2009 20:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Pyro wrote on Fri, 10 April 2009 21:47

If only I have the proper skills and tools, I can add the animations into Fable TLC using FE by replacing anim. values, am I right?

Nope. Animations are a proprietary binary format that we have absolutely no tools for editing. All we can do is export, hex edit, import.
The format for the animations are very complex themselves, Hunter has the most experience with them, I believe. I can send you the C++ structures for dealing with animations from the FE source if you want. Can't help you with the motion capture bit, but if you can catch Keshire in IRC, the guy is a wicked animator in 3DS. Unfortunately, as mentioned before, we don't have an easy way of getting those animations into Fable.
Animations has been on my to-do list for a good while now, but they are last on my list because of the work entailed.

Also, welcome back, glad to hear that you'll be around again. Very Happy
Re: I was thinking... [message #50693 is a reply to message #50653] Sun, 12 April 2009 10:08 Go to previous message
Pyro is currently offline  Pyro

Thanks for the info, John. And for the welcome back note. Much appreciated! Very Happy
Well then, since you've told me these things, I suppose that I'll stick to existing animations and retextures first.

You can consider this thread closed John!

Now, where's my Fable copy I wonder...

[Updated on: Sun, 12 April 2009 10:08]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Notepad spawning
Next Topic: I'm out of ideas, a broken mesh
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat May 04 13:59:38 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01083 seconds