Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » sword of some sort
sword of some sort [message #51012] Tue, 28 April 2009 08:44 Go to next message
HackRainSin is currently offline  HackRainSin
Ive been working on a model in blender but there's something i can't gt right i just cant get the sharpness (scaling up on the model on the model just hoping someone will assist me with this? Laughing
Re: sword of some sort [message #51021 is a reply to message #51012] Tue, 28 April 2009 20:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Don't cap the top and bottom of the sword until you've achieved said sharpness affect when you use the cookie cutter method (which is what I call the way you modeled this sword)

It's a nice shape, you'll want to add on a handle using a cylinder, probably flattening it a bit.

To get the sharp effect, you don't want it to be too thick, and you can select the middle part of the blade (the part that should stick out to be sharp) and press the alt-S key combination, and move your mouse to scale out the vertices.

Also, make sure your normals are facing the right way (unclick the Double Sided button in the mesh options, then look for black spots on the outside of the mesh, select them, then press w and click flip normals)

And that brings you to the file I have uploaded ^_^

Keep practicing, it's fun and rewarding, because I was totally right where you are now a year ago, and now look what I can make:

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/2716/sword.jpg

I haven't been taught any of this, I've just learned from experience, and it does take a bit of dedication.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"

[Updated on: Tue, 28 April 2009 20:16]

Report message to a moderator

Re: sword of some sort [message #51022 is a reply to message #51012] Tue, 28 April 2009 20:52 Go to previous message
HackRainSin is currently offline  HackRainSin
THANKS Very Happy
Previous Topic: Willmaster's Spellblade
Next Topic: (xbox) Ultimate Jack of Blades
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 26 05:26:55 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01590 seconds