Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Retextures » Nightmare's Eye Texture Package
Nightmare's Eye Texture Package [message #51052] Thu, 30 April 2009 17:59 Go to next message
NightmareMaker is currently offline  NightmareMaker

This little fmp will change the textures of all the hero eyes. The thing is, Some of them are edited, others are just swapped.

Normal Eye: Recolored to green instead of blue.
Evil Eye: Swapped to Jack of Blades Eye texture.
Will Eye: Retextured to yellowish red, with a red shade.
Old Eye: Swapped to Blind Hero Eye texture.

Now, I have a request to make: Can someone please assign the HERO_EYE_BLIND entry to good alignment, so when you become good, your eye get the Blind eye texture?
I already edited the TEXTURES_HERO_EYE_BLIND for it to have a "good alignment" feeling, and included it in the FMP, so all I ask is for someone to assign it to the good alignment, since I lack in knowledge to do so.

Oh, and sorry, but I have no will user character, nor old character, so I can't post screens of those. Feel free to post the screens yourself if you're in the mood, though.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy it Smile

EDIT: Good alignment eye morph FMP included.
IMPORTANT: I had to replace the Buzz Haircut good alignment morph, so if you are good and use that haircut, you will no longer be blonde!
Also, you have to load FixedMorphLayers.fmp (download below) for it to work.
If you are willing to try, thanks. If not, well, no problem, I understand it's a lot of work for an almost meaningless tweak XD

Screenshot of good alignment eye included in the spoiler tag.

EDIT 2: Screenshots updated.

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/8827/signfighter8559026437ia.gif
*click to see my gallery* (or else die painfully)

[Updated on: Sat, 02 May 2009 16:02]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Nightmare's Eye Texture Package [message #51056 is a reply to message #51052] Thu, 30 April 2009 19:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Do you know which eye is used when you are good? If so, replace that texture with the blind eye texture. I imagine they are intechangable, like the clothes, ie Bright Villager Suit can be substituted for Evil Villager Suit. I just checked and they look like they are interchangable.
Good luck.

Re: Nightmare's Eye Texture Package [message #51057 is a reply to message #51052] Thu, 30 April 2009 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message

There is no "Good Eye" in the game, just the Evil Eye.
So, since the blind eye isn't even used in the game as far as I know, I wanted to assign its entry to the good alignment.

Re: Nightmare's Eye Texture Package [message #51058 is a reply to message #51057] Thu, 30 April 2009 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

Since there is no 'Good Eye', do the eyes stay normal when you are good?
Maybe put 'Blind Eye' in the 'Normal Eye' texture.

Re: Nightmare's Eye Texture Package [message #51059 is a reply to message #51052] Thu, 30 April 2009 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Yes, they stay normal, but if I put the blind eye texture in the normal eye, then there will be no normal eye, that's why I'm asking for someone to link it to good alignment, so you can still have green eyes when your alignment is neutral, blue eyes when it is good and red+yellow eyes when it is evil (then there is the will and old eyes).

Re: Nightmare's Eye Texture Package [message #51061 is a reply to message #51059] Fri, 01 May 2009 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
I would first suggest using Keshire's FixedMorphLayers.fmp from the BlueTooth FMP Archive. This is good for various reasons, but you can skip this.

You can add an entry to the array in the CHeroMorphDef, copy the values for blonde hair and change the texture IDs to normal eye and good eye. You then have good alignment eye morphing.
Re: Nightmare's Eye Texture Package [message #51065 is a reply to message #51052] Fri, 01 May 2009 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nicomon is currently offline  nicomon
This looks cool. Especially nice job on the evil eyes. Smile

I divided by zero and survived.
Two of Diamonds, people. This is important.
Re: Nightmare's Eye Texture Package [message #51081 is a reply to message #51052] Fri, 01 May 2009 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

@JohnDoe: I'm trying to create a new array here, but for some reason, I can't find it once I click "Add". It's not in the top, neither in the bottom of the other arrays. I'll try replace a morphing here, wish me luck.

Edit: So yeah, it worked. You are a life saver! Thanks for the tip, I would have never figured it out myself.
Just going to reupload the fmp and put on a screenshot of the good alignment eye.

[Updated on: Fri, 01 May 2009 18:54]

Re: Nightmare's Eye Texture Package [message #51086 is a reply to message #51052] Sat, 02 May 2009 16:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Sorry for the double post, just updating here.
I popped in a trainer to be able to get a screenshot at the will eye and old eye, so they are both at the spoiler tag at the top of the first post.

And um... I would very much appreciate if someone tested it out for me. Not even sure if it works.

[Updated on: Sat, 02 May 2009 18:56]

Re: Nightmare's Eye Texture Package [message #55769 is a reply to message #51052] Sat, 16 January 2010 13:35 Go to previous message
Isoterra is currently offline  Isoterra
I like the way this mod looks. It crashes my game whenever I try to enter Bowerstone Quay with it though...
Previous Topic: Bloody Platinum Armor
Next Topic: My retexture of apprentice armor
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:37:30 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01393 seconds