Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » About CREATURE_OK_UNDEAD_GENERAL
About CREATURE_OK_UNDEAD_GENERAL [message #51139] Thu, 07 May 2009 03:13 Go to next message
bos187 is currently offline  bos187
This is an interesting creature. It summons two little skeletons.
I replaced th ghostly sword with him.
I'm trying to figure out how to make the minions it summons friendly, but only for the ghost sword copy.
I already searched for topics with the same question and found that I would need to edit the little skeletons brains themselves.

Is the summoning ability of the generals aslo editable?
I saw some creatures like spiders in fable explorer but I've never encountered a spider in fable ingame, so there must be unused creatures in the game which I can use to clone the small skeletons and edit their brains instead, so I won't have to mess with the original one.
The original general might summon his own enemies at that point perhaps, but I'll take that for granted untill I figure out how to clone that one one too by editing something else that's unused. I would also need to know how to assign that ability to the creature

I know what you guys think: Figure it out yourself.
I will try. But if someone doesn't mind helping me speed up the learning process, I would definitely appreciate it. Smile

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/2613/bosmc0.jpg

[Updated on: Thu, 07 May 2009 05:44]

Report message to a moderator

Re: About CREATURE_OK_UNDEAD_GENERAL [message #51142 is a reply to message #51139] Thu, 07 May 2009 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
bos187 wrote on Thu, 07 May 2009 05:13

I'm trying to figure out how to make the minions it summons friendly, but only for the ghost sword copy.
Don't use the minions themselves. Make a copy of the minion creature entry and it's CEnemyDef. Rename the new creature entry and name the new CEnemyDef. Change the faction assigned to the CEnemyDef to that of a friendly but aggressive faction.

I already searched for topics with the same question and found that I would need to edit the little skeletons brains themselves.
No.

Is the summoning ability of the generals aslo editable?
Eh? You mean the undead generals? I wasn't aware that they summoned creatures.

I saw some creatures like spiders in fable explorer but I've never encountered a spider in fable ingame, so there must be unused creatures in the game which I can use to clone the small skeletons and edit their brains instead, so I won't have to mess with the original one.
That's why we make copies of the definition entries. There are some unused models and textures, but these can be very difficult to implement, and it is easier to use what is already there.

The original general might summon his own enemies at that point perhaps, but I'll take that for granted until I figure out how to clone that one one too by editing something else that's unused. I would also need to know how to assign that ability to the creature
Eh, what?

I know what you guys think: Figure it out yourself.
I will try. But if someone doesn't mind helping me speed up the learning process, I would definitely appreciate it. Smile
I don't mind telling you what you need to know. I won't, however, do anything that I tell you to do for you (that's why I tell you to do it instead) and I won't explain explanations.
Re: About CREATURE_OK_UNDEAD_GENERAL [message #51290 is a reply to message #51139] Thu, 14 May 2009 15:37 Go to previous message
bos187 is currently offline  bos187
That CEnemyDef editing thing worked out exactly the way I wanted to. Thanks Smile.

Now I can invade a town with an entire undead army! Twisted Evil

http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/2613/bosmc0.jpg
Previous Topic: Locomotion
Next Topic: Remove Body Hair?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 13:05:37 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01828 seconds