Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Freeroam error
Freeroam error [message #51220] Mon, 11 May 2009 11:41 Go to next message
Hoekzema is currently offline  Hoekzema

Well, I'm trying to get Freeroam to work.
I followed all the steps.
file-open-finalalbion.wad
TNG and Lev (patched)

then I press Rip,

following is a few minutes of freezing, but I was told to wait.

then I get this anoying error 0_o

check it out here:
http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/7002/anothererror.png

anyone any idea what's up?
Re: Freeroam error [message #51225 is a reply to message #51220] Mon, 11 May 2009 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
The reason you're having problems with this is the same reason you're having problems with ChocolateBox.

You used a mod with FE that edits the FinalAlbion.wad.
The problem with this is that the FE-compiled FinalAlbion.wad can't be dumped with FreeRoam. ChocolateBox also tries to dump the wad so that it can work with the tngs inside, but it also can't.

You can either not use FreeRoam/AE/CBox, or you can grab FableTools or use FE to individually extract each lev/tng. It's a painful process, so I guess it depends on how much you want it.

If you don't mind clearing out any level mods, you can get a clean FinalAlbion.wad off of your disc (without reinstalling) and replace your used FinalAlbion.wad with the clean one, then use FreeRoam/AE/CBox.
Re: Freeroam error [message #51239 is a reply to message #51225] Tue, 12 May 2009 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hoekzema is currently offline  Hoekzema

yeah I figured out that Cbox didn't work because of the modded .wad

so I replaced all those files with the clean version I had stored on my pc, but it's still not working :\

But is freeroam really that usefull? what does it all do?

Thanks in advance Razz
Re: Freeroam error [message #51248 is a reply to message #51239] Tue, 12 May 2009 13:11 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
FreeRoam allows easy editing of tngs (map scripts) and levs (map data) by dumping them all from the FinalAlbion.wad in an override folder that Fable can use instead of the wad (so long as you rename/move/delete the wad). You can equate this to unzipping a compressed folder. FreeRoam also optionally patches the heightmaps of the levs to allow the Hero to walk anywhere on the maps.

Really, FreeRoam itself is small, but it allows for a lot of bigger things.

[Updated on: Tue, 12 May 2009 13:11]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Fable Explorer Issue
Next Topic: help with Albion explorer
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 05:13:27 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01221 seconds