Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Issue with hero skin...why is it doing this?
Issue with hero skin...why is it doing this? [message #51516] Sun, 31 May 2009 04:36 Go to next message
BlazeLeeDragon is currently offline  BlazeLeeDragon
ok so I edited the heros eyes and made them purple Very Happy I also edited the skin, and made it paler, so I'm playing the game he looks great paler skin, purple eyes, and always has black hair (did that too)...

but now he's 28 and for some reason he looks like a DROW! for those unfamiliar with drow, they are dark elves, in the DnD world...for some reason his skin color looks like he is standing in the shadows at all times...

it's really dark tar like color....why? and more importantly how do i fix it Sad any help would be greatly appreciated

Blaze

[Updated on: Thu, 26 December 2013 18:12]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Issue with hero skin...why is it doing this? [message #51517 is a reply to message #51516] Sun, 31 May 2009 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
first picture with him bald is how he looked like when I started, second picture is when he started turning into a drow for some reason...index.php?t=getfile&id=7853&private=0

Blaze
Re: Issue with hero skin...why is it doing this? [message #51518 is a reply to message #51516] Sun, 31 May 2009 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Changing the skin can lead to weirdness.
Texture morphing happens on several levels to make the Hero look the way he does in Fable. When changing one of the base textures, it changes how he looks on all levels of texture morphing involving that texture. So, my recommendation is to get used to it.
Re: Issue with hero skin...why is it doing this? [message #51547 is a reply to message #51518] Sun, 31 May 2009 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
would setting it back to his original skin help?

Blaze
Re: Issue with hero skin...why is it doing this? [message #51551 is a reply to message #51547] Sun, 31 May 2009 18:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
now it's getting even worst....how would I fix this? and more importantly how do I keep it from happening again? does anyone know what files interact to change the skin shade? I figured droping the base skin color would only make him paler...not do this...by the way that's his chest showing this is the BANDIT outfit, and it shows his bare chest...

Blaze

[Updated on: Thu, 26 December 2013 18:13]

Re: Issue with hero skin...why is it doing this? [message #51552 is a reply to message #51551] Sun, 31 May 2009 19:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

You might try using only one skin type. Go into the CHeroMorphDef and delete all the tan and anti-tan skin values. Or all the light and tan or light and anti-tan. Just leave one, I did that and then made the skin darker and have not had any trouble, maybe the alignment morphing causes the problem.

Re: Issue with hero skin...why is it doing this? [message #51557 is a reply to message #51552] Sun, 31 May 2009 23:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Drakath is currently offline  Drakath
And make backups.That kind of modifications may cause a lot of problems,and you may want to return it back to normal Smile .
Re: Issue with hero skin...why is it doing this? [message #51572 is a reply to message #51557] Mon, 01 June 2009 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Drakath is offical my hero for the day!!! so ok he send me a message saying he thinks he has an idea...that if I take my custom skins and put them in the tatto folder, that I can load them as custom tatoos...IT WORKED!!! below you'll see the before I go get the custom tatoos...and at the very bottom after I am wearing the custom tattoos....

Blaze

[Updated on: Thu, 26 December 2013 18:12]

Re: Issue with hero skin...why is it doing this? [message #51573 is a reply to message #51572] Mon, 01 June 2009 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and this is the after....moral of the story...DON'T EDIT SKIN TONE UNLESS THROUGH CUSTOM TATTOOS!!!

Blaze

[Updated on: Thu, 26 December 2013 18:13]

Re: Issue with hero skin...why is it doing this? [message #51684 is a reply to message #51573] Wed, 03 June 2009 03:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
for those of you, who tried to edit the skin, and it did this mud thing, and dont' wish to use tattoos, so you can see the cool magick tattoos, the way I fixed it was I uninstalled fable but didnt delete my saved games...

i reinstalled fable, then I had to redo my spell mod, and my hair and eye mod...

then it worked Very Happy with out tattoos skin texture is back to normal.

I tried to reinstall the original textures, but it was still mudd looking...

hope this helps so future modders don't have this issue...

Blaze
Re: Issue with hero skin...why is it doing this? [message #52831 is a reply to message #51684] Sat, 18 July 2009 17:46 Go to previous message
Jeff42951
No Message Body

[Updated on: Fri, 11 February 2011 13:06]

Previous Topic: Sorry, asking a dumb question about texture mix-ups
Next Topic: Viking Hair
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 03:03:52 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01170 seconds