Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Hair Color and Body Hair
Hair Color and Body Hair [message #6103] Sat, 04 February 2006 11:49 Go to next message
wwg891 is currently offline  wwg891
Ok, total inexperienced with modding. I was just wondering if there was a way to change hair color/body hair. I opened texture.big in Fable tool, but I don't know what to do from there.
Re: Hair Color and Body Hair [message #6108 is a reply to message #6103] Sat, 04 February 2006 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LostInGeneral is currently offline  LostInGeneral
You mean Fable Explorer, right?

Well, there are several different textures for each different hairstyle. If you want to change the color, find the basic texture (look it up in textures.h; CTRL+F is your friend) save it to your computer, use Photoshop to add an extra layer on top of the main one, fill this layer with whatever color you want to change it to, and mess with the blending options until you get the color you want. Save it as something like a TGA. Re-import it and save the changes to the BIG and that's all there is. Body hair is pretty much the same. AND ALWAYS BACK UP YOUR FILES. I can't stress that enough.

If you need more help, feel free to browse around the site or use the "Search" tool to find the information you need.

Good luck.

ON AN INDEFINITE ABSENCE I know, short notice... sorry everyone.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/Dragontoothmoon/newersig.png
icon7.gif  Re: Hair Color and Body Hair [message #6671 is a reply to message #6103] Mon, 27 February 2006 13:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rondebol is currently offline  rondebol

he can someone help me i cant use fable explorer on my pc Sad
can someone please make a ligth pink mohawk for me : )

Rick
Re: Hair Color and Body Hair [message #6672 is a reply to message #6671] Mon, 27 February 2006 13:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

I think you can use FableExplorer on your PC, everybody else can. Besides, if you can't use Fable Explorer, you can't use such a 'mod'.
Make sure you've got .net framework 2.0 installed, and use the right and latest version of FableExplorer.

It's not that I woudn't mind making this stuff for somebody else but; 1. I don't have Fable installed on my PC, and 2. you should at least try to do it yourself.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
icon9.gif  Re: Hair Color and Body Hair [message #6695 is a reply to message #6672] Tue, 28 February 2006 06:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rondebol is currently offline  rondebol

oh i got the programes.
and i tried making a pink mohawk stil dont know Sad
i tried ure skins the scorms leather suit and the dark apprentice suit and pimp suit but they dont work for me to
if i merge them and save that doesnt work for me so i do recompile it says: Unhandled exception has occurrend in your application. if you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue.
the process cannot access the file 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data\graphics\pc\textures.big'
because it is being used by another process.
so what do i have to do than.???:I
lol im not verry good in english u know

Rick
Re: Hair Color and Body Hair [message #6696 is a reply to message #6695] Tue, 28 February 2006 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

You can't run Fable if you try to modify any file that the game uses.
That's why it says: "because it is being used by another process."

In het Nederlands:

Als je bestanden wilt veranderen met FableExplorer, moet je Fable afsluiten.
Daarom staat er: "because it is being used by another process."

Als je nog specifieke vragen hebt, kan je ze ook in het Nederlands aan me stellen via PM (Private Messaging).

Nog iets: gebruik alsjeblieft punten en komma's als je een bericht plaatst op het forum, dat vergroot de leesbaarheid.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.

[Updated on: Tue, 28 February 2006 06:51]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Hair Color and Body Hair [message #15288 is a reply to message #6103] Fri, 22 December 2006 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
miso_ramen is currently offline  miso_ramen
Hello...

Regarding changing colors of the hair and such... what files in the texture.big do you edit? what i'm referring to are the things with COMP_HERO_... or something else?

Is there a step-by-step tutorial for this? Because I really need it... I tried altering COMP_HERO_YOUNGHAIR_BLONDE... [or something like that] and I can't load my game!

Thanks in advance!
Re: Hair Color and Body Hair [message #15292 is a reply to message #6103] Fri, 22 December 2006 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wolvesrayne is currently offline  wolvesrayne

didnt he say BACK UP YOUR FILES, i only mess with things i know it would be easy, like my stealth health and such, but i have no clue how to get moded weapons and armour into my inventory, last time i tried, ALL MY MELEE WEAPONS WERE GONE, i was so pissed i hit the wall and now my heand hurts ._.;;

http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/lovelyloozer26/DDRcrack.gif
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r151/lovelyloozer26/yournextdi2.jpg
Re: Hair Color and Body Hair [message #15293 is a reply to message #6103] Fri, 22 December 2006 06:01 Go to previous message
Satan

Administrator
The preferred method for getting items into your inventory is by picking them up from a chest.

There have been plenty of posts on this subject so a search will give you what you need.

If I remember rightly you can have your hero start the game with items by editing his entry but I would advise using the chest method.

http://img259.imageshack.us/img259/1398/satansigv5gu3.gif

There is nothing in the Void.
There is no point to it's being.
I wish there was a reason.
There is nothing in the Void,
But what we put there.
Previous Topic: Gender Change?
Next Topic: sword helpers have disapeared
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 08:50:51 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00983 seconds