Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Made a sword... but im having problems.
Made a sword... but im having problems. [message #51640] Tue, 02 June 2009 09:02 Go to next message
Nezumai is currently offline  Nezumai
Ok well i edited a sword and added sword parts from many swords.

i got most of it all acurate but i cant get it to laod right in FE.

if any one can finish it and Upload the FPM it would be great.
Re: Made a sword... but im having problems. [message #51645 is a reply to message #51640] Tue, 02 June 2009 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Export it as DirectX or 3DS and I'll take a look at it. *.blend is the native Blender format, and won't work with anything except Blender.
Re: Made a sword... but im having problems. [message #51676 is a reply to message #51640] Tue, 02 June 2009 17:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nezumai is currently offline  Nezumai
Ok heres the X-File.

I dont know what to really do after this...
  • Attachment: SoulBane.x
    (Size: 1.77MB, Downloaded 443 times)
Re: Made a sword... but im having problems. [message #51680 is a reply to message #51676] Tue, 02 June 2009 21:33 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Here you go. Some of the quality was lost, this is due to the limited DirectX support in 3DS. The loss is noticeable if you're looking for it, or if you're looking at it untextured in FE or a 3D model viewer or modeling package. Otherwise, not too noticeable.

What I did:

Merged the skulls; merged the blades and the hilt. This does nothing but make it easier to assign textures in FE. You won't want to do it ten times, I promise. Wink

I got rid of the small plane that seemed a bit out of place.

I corrected the hierarchy and helper names, and made a small edit to the augment helpers that should allow each blade to have an augmented effect, or crash the game, don't know. Razz

I extended the weapon_pos helper. Because I highly doubt having more than one set of those would work (like it might with augment helpers), making it bigger will give the [delayed] illusion that the other blades have a reach as well.

Edit: Forgot to mention, everything except for the helpers in static models needs to be at the point of origin, meaning positioned and rotated to 0,0,0. I did this by attaching the rogue pieces to the one that was already at origin, looks like morerunes' soul reaver. Make sure to give credit. Wink

The best guy to talk to for this is morerunes. Blender as it is cannot export models acceptable by FE. But the models can be worked with in a text editor, given you have the know-how, to be made to work with FE.
  • Attachment: Nezumai.x
    (Size: 1.59MB, Downloaded 456 times)

[Updated on: Wed, 03 June 2009 11:05]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: i have a question.
Next Topic: Creating Weapons... a Easy way for newbs
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:38:36 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01309 seconds