Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Freeroam
icon9.gif  Freeroam [message #52345] Sun, 28 June 2009 18:37 Go to next message
Beanhead is currently offline  Beanhead

i am a newcomer here sooooo... yea. my problem with freeroam is that well ive followed every instruction on how to install,extract and what not and my question is, how do you do the thing where you walk through the regular barriers of the game? i ask because i did the spawning chests thing and they dont seem to be where i put them on the Albion explorer map =/. So i want to use the freeroam to check if they are there at all or if i am doing something wrong (which i probably am) Confused so if anyone can help me, that would be great. Razz

The snazz berries taste like snazz berries man!
Re: Freeroam [message #52364 is a reply to message #52345] Mon, 29 June 2009 09:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

Did you rename/move/delete your FinalAlbion.wad?

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: Freeroam [message #52369 is a reply to message #52364] Mon, 29 June 2009 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

no. like ive said ive done every instruction, i wouldnt move or rename a major part of the game. so i just wanna know how to actually use the program

Re: Freeroam [message #52370 is a reply to message #52369] Mon, 29 June 2009 12:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

Beanhead wrote on Mon, 29 June 2009 12:17

no. like ive said ive done every instruction

Well you obviously didn't because you didn't rename the FinalAlbion.wad or move it.

As long as your FinalAlbion folder is in your levels folder, you're fine. Rename it something along the lines of Backup_FinalAlbion.wad or something, the name doesn't matter.

Why it works:
The Fable process uses FinalAlbion.wad. If this is taken away it will find something else, which is the FinalAlbion folder in our case, and this folder has all boundaries destroyed. Making FreeRoam work.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: Freeroam [message #52374 is a reply to message #52345] Mon, 29 June 2009 15:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message

so youre say TO rename finalalbion.wad or DO NOT rename it?

Re: Freeroam [message #52377 is a reply to message #52374] Mon, 29 June 2009 16:07 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Every set of FreeRoam instructions that exist should clearly say, emboldened and everything, to rename, move or delete the FinalAlbion.wad file after dumping it in the \data\ directory.
Failure to do so will have Fable continue using the FinalAlbion.wad, meaning all tng/lev edits go unnoticed and unused.

User error: failure to follow instructions. Thread locked.

[Updated on: Mon, 29 June 2009 16:11]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Small problem with Cbox
Next Topic: help please
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 02:09:23 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01147 seconds