Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » Tensa Zangestsu - Need help error when importing into FE  () 1 Vote
icon11.gif  Tensa Zangestsu - Need help error when importing into FE [message #52390] Tue, 30 June 2009 03:05 Go to next message
gamesharkakaflash is currently offline  gamesharkakaflash
I have created the model for the Tensa Zangestsu sword from the bleach series.

When I try to import the .x file into FE i get the error "Object Refence not set to an instance of an object"

I took a look via the search engine of this site a followed a few steps but like the xbox controller mod to pc project i did it failed.

I followed steps from : http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=3281& ;amp ;start=0&

In particular message #36456 posted by morerunes and yeah i just decided that i'd ask for help instead of abandoning this project.

If anyone reading this can help it would be appreciated as long as they don't take credit for the modeling (all other credit is the person who fixes it). It may not be the best model but its still mine.If someone can fix the file and reupload as a ".x" it would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
P.S. This model is for the Iron Katana --> 5475 (I hope this is enough info.)

Images of Project - Tensa Zangestsu
index.php?t=getfile&id=8029&private=0
Above is the rendered image

index.php?t=getfile&id=8030&private=0

I have also uploaded the file as .max so its easier to work on without having to import it. The meshes of the iron katana has already been linked with the "Iron Katana --> object #5475"

Thanks in advance again

Also i forgot to mention that if anyone needs the files in a different format please tell me so i can reupload it,
Thanks again

[Updated on: Tue, 30 June 2009 03:11]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Tensa Zangestsu - Need help error when importing into FE [message #52391 is a reply to message #52390] Tue, 30 June 2009 03:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HackRainSin is currently offline  HackRainSin
Did you follow step by step did you do anything different tell me the steps you took.
Re: Tensa Zangestsu - Need help error when importing into FE [message #52392 is a reply to message #52391] Tue, 30 June 2009 03:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I made the objects using the shapes and then selected all of it then converted it into a mesh. I also then divided the object into two parts the hilt and the blade like a video in the same link provided earlier had shown.

Thanks for a reply

[Updated on: Tue, 30 June 2009 03:30]

Re: Tensa Zangestsu - Need help error when importing into FE [message #52393 is a reply to message #52390] Tue, 30 June 2009 03:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HackRainSin is currently offline  HackRainSin
not sure what you did wrong maybe someone else other than me will notice this thread. Rolling Eyes
Re: Tensa Zangestsu - Need help error when importing into FE [message #52394 is a reply to message #52393] Tue, 30 June 2009 03:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lets hope so HackRainSin
thanks anyway
Re: Tensa Zangestsu - Need help error when importing into FE [message #52395 is a reply to message #52394] Tue, 30 June 2009 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Did you read the first post and watch the video? Some of this stuff is hard to get right, but once you figure it out it's not bad

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Tensa Zangestsu - Need help error when importing into FE [message #52396 is a reply to message #52395] Tue, 30 June 2009 05:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i watched a bit of the video and then found the instructions which i followed.
I'll make sure to fully watch it. Thanks for the advice
Re: Tensa Zangestsu - Need help error when importing into FE [message #52398 is a reply to message #52396] Tue, 30 June 2009 05:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

No problem. Also, make sure that when you get the Pandasoft Exporter you get the right version.

Also, make sure you get the one that does require the November 2007 Direct SDK to be installed before they will operate.

Re: Tensa Zangestsu - Need help error when importing into FE [message #52400 is a reply to message #52390] Tue, 30 June 2009 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
turns out i linked all the objects instead of just the hilt and blade. OK thats sorted but now half the sword won't show up...(problem 2)

index.php?t=getfile&id=8034&private=0

should i redo it? and thanks to morerunes and all who

(sorry for the bad format but it would be against forum rules to use a better image - image must not exceed 20480Kb)

thanks in advance
  • Attachment: Error 2.GIF
    (Size: 36.23KB, Downloaded 2713 times)
Re: Tensa Zangestsu - Need help error when importing into FE [message #52401 is a reply to message #52400] Tue, 30 June 2009 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Try spawning a cube, joining both parts of the sword to the cube, then deleting the cube, then exporting again. (Thanks JohnDoe!)

Re: Tensa Zangestsu - Need help error when importing into FE [message #52402 is a reply to message #52401] Tue, 30 June 2009 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so should i break the links before i do that?
and since im using 3dsmax does that mean grouping?

Yeah if i do that then all of its connected to the cube in a group meaning i would have delete it all..I think you may need to clarify the last post for me..

i tried the grouping idea and it came up with the starting post error.

Thanks

[Updated on: Tue, 30 June 2009 05:49]

Re: Tensa Zangestsu - Need help error when importing into FE [message #52403 is a reply to message #52402] Tue, 30 June 2009 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Yes, group them, and then select just the vertices on the cube and delete it

Re: Tensa Zangestsu - Need help error when importing into FE [message #52410 is a reply to message #52403] Tue, 30 June 2009 15:56 Go to previous message
thanks
but now the first error comes up again..Sad

if i abandon this mod i end up with a light saber lol

Smileindex.php?t=getfile&id=8038&private=0

...anyone want a lightsaber?
  • Attachment: Error 3.GIF
    (Size: 192.76KB, Downloaded 2736 times)

[Updated on: Thu, 02 July 2009 23:52]

Previous Topic: 7 Legendary Swords
Next Topic: Hal Sword