Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Ring Hammer
Ring Hammer [message #52471] Fri, 03 July 2009 22:44 Go to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

I've been working on this ring hammer, and I can't get the "reflect" submesh to import to FE. I've made sure the origin of the hilt is (0,0,0) and I applied scale and rotation data, neither objects have a special material and both submeshes are named differently and do not include sword or dword or anything like that as far as I know, and I've looked through the .x file for problems, and haven't found any.

Perhaps another directX savvy person could look into it for me? Maybe with a text editor or 3ds? It will be well appreciated if someone found the problem.

Sorry, the .x file's too big to just upload

This is what it should look like when it's done, but with electricity in the rings:

http://img182.yfrog.com/img182/8259/ringhammerpreview.jpg

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"

[Updated on: Fri, 03 July 2009 22:54]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Ring Hammer [message #52472 is a reply to message #52471] Fri, 03 July 2009 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
I can't remember the exact details, but I know that FE has problems with too many vertices too close together and it will just ignore a submesh like that. But the vertex count would have to exceed 65K for that to happen... and that's a lot, especially for a weapon. Judging by the file size, I think that might be what's going on, so I'd definitely recommend using less vertices. See if you can get roughly the same quality with about 15K vertices, there might be a negligible difference in quality, but it will work in FE and won't lag Fable.

[Updated on: Fri, 03 July 2009 23:38]

Re: Ring Hammer [message #52473 is a reply to message #52472] Sat, 04 July 2009 02:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BayStone is currently offline  BayStone
86K verts for the mesh! Yikes. This is a game, not a CG movie. Smile

Busy!
Re: Ring Hammer [message #52480 is a reply to message #52473] Sat, 04 July 2009 05:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

oops! Alrighty then, guess it must be the high quality toruses eh?

Thanks guys.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Ring Hammer [message #52481 is a reply to message #52480] Sat, 04 July 2009 08:19 Go to previous message
BayStone is currently offline  BayStone
Probably. Those should probably just have 5 or 6 vertices in... thickness and 8 from the top. Confused You know. I don't know what they're called. Laughing But on the other hand, you want the reflect thing, so...

Busy!

[Updated on: Sat, 04 July 2009 08:20]

Previous Topic: Modeling: .x - .3ds
Next Topic: itachi's sharringon
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:48:46 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01372 seconds