Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Maybe Shields really could happen?
Maybe Shields really could happen? [message #52751] Mon, 13 July 2009 22:31 Go to next message
Black Demon is currently offline  Black Demon
First of all let me get this clear. I'm deffiantly not good at modding, not smart, and lastly I just started working with this stuff maybe a week ago (although I tried this a year ago or so but never got anywhere and forgot about it Rolling Eyes .)

Everyone says that duel weilding can't really function, unless we do some godly modding. The closest I think we've gotten is weilding 2 throwing discs, switching between close and ranged combat by hitting Q/E. So maybe replace one disk with a sword, one with shield.

It is pretty simple to make it so your ranged weapon is a sword (although I forgot how). This mean you can have 2 meele weapons, and no ranged one. Of course you only use one at a time; this is only replacing your functioning bow, with a functioning sword. Also with sheating mods, you can probably have them both sheathed.

What I'm thinking is maybe instead of that 2nd meele weapon is a shield. Let's say it's Nostro's; you mod it into a one handed fast weapon. Let's see... I think you can make it left handed too. After all that I'm guessing it would be possible to have nostro's shield to get sheathed on back(but set as the E ranged weapon), a regular sword sheated on the back too. When drawn, make the nostro's shield on left handed, but function like a meele weapon.

Next, we would need to make it so Nostro's Shield sheathes in his left hand combat ready instead of on your back, and the sword to be in right hand when sheated. That way, they'd both always be out, and during combat you could also thrash with a shield by hitting E Very Happy. A force push could be put on too... that'd be pretty cool. Hi Q again, back to your sword.

I'm pretty unreal, but wondering about this really made me think. A functional shield could really work huh? My description is probably jambled up and wouldn't work but still...

Feedback guys? Smile Thanks,
Not so good at modding, Black Demon

[Updated on: Mon, 13 July 2009 22:32]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Maybe Shields really could happen? [message #52752 is a reply to message #52751] Mon, 13 July 2009 23:24 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Black Demon wrote on Tue, 14 July 2009 00:31

A functional shield could really work huh?
A functional shield? No.
A decorative shield? Sure. We've even done it already.

Ailia's throwing discs was actually a single mesh put in two places using punching animations, no need for switching between melee/ranged. She's done further work with it, but she's been inactive for quite some time.

There are other mods out there involving what you're talking about, switching between melee/ranged, that allow for different models to be used. One of them even has dual-wielding with a shield like you're talking about, but as I said, it's decorative.

What you're talking about is new animations. The problem with new animations is that aside of doing it by hand, there's no way to make them. I used to think of myself as a pretty good math guy, then I looked up quaternions and killed myself. Something about four dimensions just throws me off.

As for sheathing both at the same time, yea we can do that, but I wouldn't have them sheathed to the Hero's hands, that just sounds silly and would probably crash the game. I swear this game is so weird, knock off file headers and it still works fine, but a tiny typo or a missing null byte and it just flips out.

Anyway, repeating my original statement, not functional, just decorative.
Previous Topic: changing bow ammo
Next Topic: Weather since i started modding...
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 03:52:39 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01175 seconds