Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Sorry, asking a dumb question about texture mix-ups
Sorry, asking a dumb question about texture mix-ups [message #52757] Tue, 14 July 2009 02:33 Go to next message
Black Demon is currently offline  Black Demon
Lately, I noticed that the guards are all carrying a bronze longsword, aswell as bandits. Also, in my invetory several items are named it in armor, and several longswords (iron) are textured like it, and not named. The real brass longsword is still in my invetory and everything... just wanted to know how I can fix this? I think it's some sort of texture mixup.

ADDED: Was looking aroudn and found out that in the Brass Longsword CInventoryItemDef it has the name and description stuff mixed up with Assassin's mask... but I don't want to change it to brass because that would ruin the assassin mask's info. Tough one haha. Still don' know about the iron/steel longsword issue. I check the texture on them and it is still regular & brass is too.

[Updated on: Tue, 14 July 2009 02:37]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Sorry, asking a dumb question about texture mix-ups [message #52758 is a reply to message #52757] Tue, 14 July 2009 02:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

It may be that as you get farther along in the game many npcs get better weapons.
If that is not it, then try replacing your textures.big with a back-up, or just replace the weapons that concern you with the originals(if you saved them).

Re: Sorry, asking a dumb question about texture mix-ups [message #52759 is a reply to message #52758] Tue, 14 July 2009 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I don't know why I can never think of the obvious by myself. GOnna work on it though Rolling Eyes , thanks. And how would I replace the individual weapon with my backups again?
Re: Sorry, asking a dumb question about texture mix-ups [message #52760 is a reply to message #52759] Tue, 14 July 2009 03:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

You can save the current textures.big to a different location, then put the original textures.big in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data\graphics\pc. Open FE, open textures.big, go to the weapon you want, save the original texture somewhere, then replace the textures.big you saved earlier to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Fable - The Lost Chapters\data\graphics\pc. Now reapply the original weapon texture.

Check here for info on how to do retextures if you don't already know.
http://forums.projectego.net/re-texturing-dummies-3558/

icon13.gif  Re: Sorry, asking a dumb question about texture mix-ups [message #52761 is a reply to message #52757] Tue, 14 July 2009 03:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, thankyou.

But my problem is... I have one backup with a lot of work into it, but still has this bug (because I just noticed it)

And I have one that's fresh from scratch.

Don't want to mess up all of my texturing/custom weapons just to fix 2.

Ughh, blame my OCD not being able to stand something harmless Sad

No way to just get the 2 or 3 things regular?

[Updated on: Tue, 14 July 2009 04:00]

Re: Sorry, asking a dumb question about texture mix-ups [message #52762 is a reply to message #52757] Tue, 14 July 2009 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ugh, is there a method to just delete all traces of Brass Longsword in my files?
Re: Sorry, asking a dumb question about texture mix-ups [message #52763 is a reply to message #52761] Tue, 14 July 2009 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Black Demon wrote on Tue, 14 July 2009 03:37

No way to just get the 2 or 3 things regular?

The method I told you about is how to do 2 or 3 things. You can use that to get the originals then replace them on your modded textures.big.

Re: Sorry, asking a dumb question about texture mix-ups [message #52764 is a reply to message #52757] Tue, 14 July 2009 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh reread everything. Thanks for being patient with me...
Hmm, I don't think this can be fixed. All of the weapons that are bugged to brass longsword model/texture still have the original & correct versions so I don't have an idea what the problem is. One thing I foundout that actually is out of place, is that the mesh-view for the Brass Longsword is kinda black (normally gold), yet the texure is fine.

[Updated on: Tue, 14 July 2009 04:54]

Re: Sorry, asking a dumb question about texture mix-ups [message #52765 is a reply to message #52764] Tue, 14 July 2009 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Do the same with graphics.big as I said to with textures.big, then copy all the entries for material, then after you put your modded graphics.big back you can enter those number into it.

Save your modded graphics.big somewhere, then put the unmodded graphics.big where it goes, then open FE, go to the longsword under Objects, open it, scroll down to graphic, click it. Then click the blue link with the word MESH in it, click the materials tab, copy those entries.
Put the modded graphics.big back, the open FE and the weapons material again and replace whatever is there with the stuff you copied. That may fix your problem.

Re: Sorry, asking a dumb question about texture mix-ups [message #52781 is a reply to message #52757] Tue, 14 July 2009 21:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks! Followed all of this and got it working. A lot of items had model IDs ect. out of wack. Works fine now
Re: Sorry, asking a dumb question about texture mix-ups [message #52783 is a reply to message #52781] Tue, 14 July 2009 22:03 Go to previous message

Administrator

Great, glad to hear you got it working.

Previous Topic: Some In-game Tattoo Retextures
Next Topic: Issue with hero skin...why is it doing this?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 17:37:26 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01259 seconds