Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Level Scripting » What is wrong with this script?
What is wrong with this script? [message #53107] Wed, 29 July 2009 10:34 Go to next message
quicksilver is currently offline  quicksilver
My first attempt at making a barrel spawn items.
Items are:
- all style cards
- all books
- all clothes
Game crashes upon hitting the barrel. Perhaps clothes are the problem, at least some items.
My script (made using JohnDoe's template):
Beware, it's a bit long...
Script

I've also added the whole script as an attachment.

P.S. It worked until I added these
Books

and these items
Clothes

[Updated on: Wed, 29 July 2009 10:38]

Report message to a moderator

Re: What is wrong with this script? [message #53108 is a reply to message #53107] Wed, 29 July 2009 10:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
I think its because you added Hero Suit. the suit is the whole thing put together so that would confuse the game. remove the Hero_suit things. you can only put in objects.
Re: What is wrong with this script? [message #53109 is a reply to message #53107] Wed, 29 July 2009 11:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, hero suit was the problem. I made such an obvious mistake because I thought it's like getting the whole, for example, Archon's armor set.
Thanks man for pointing out the mistake.

Re: What is wrong with this script? [message #53110 is a reply to message #53107] Wed, 29 July 2009 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Wow. Having that many items in a barrel can be dangerous if you don't have a relatively strong computer. Bravo.

Yes, as McCain said, the problem is the HERO_SUIT pieces. OBJECTs are all that you can put in a chest/barrel/bookcase/whatever.
Re: What is wrong with this script? [message #53112 is a reply to message #53107] Wed, 29 July 2009 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well it took him a while to show all of them in left HUD corner. But not all of tattoos are in my inventory. I have 45 tattoo cards, but judging by item list, there are 77, +/- some that are either duplicates or don't work. Why is that?

[Updated on: Wed, 29 July 2009 12:53]

Re: What is wrong with this script? [message #53113 is a reply to message #53112] Wed, 29 July 2009 13:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

This might be your solution.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: What is wrong with this script? [message #53119 is a reply to message #53107] Thu, 30 July 2009 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tried that, but I still have only 45 tattoo cards.

EDIT: Made it to work, finally. I reverted my game.bin before the Packrat mod and changed INVENTORY CATEGORY DESIGNS second value from 120 (I think, forgot original value) to 200, and not 1000. Perhaps value was to high for game to register.

[Updated on: Thu, 30 July 2009 04:51]

Re: What is wrong with this script? [message #53122 is a reply to message #53119] Thu, 30 July 2009 06:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
I don't think the rat packer mod edits that category.
quicksilver wrote on Thu, 30 July 2009 05:57

Perhaps value was to high for game to register.
That's not the case for certain.
Re: What is wrong with this script? [message #53125 is a reply to message #53107] Thu, 30 July 2009 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I opened RatpackerMod.fmp with Notepad++ and found this:

http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/7161/packrat.png

So I figured there got to be something in INVENTORY CATEGORY. Checked it out with FE and saw values of 1000 there. So I restored game.bin backup, did as said in my last post and voila. I'm not saying that you don't know how things work, but this worked out perfectly for me. If only I knew how to arrange items alphabetically now Razz.

P.S. This is just a part of the RatpackerMod.fmp.

Off-topic: How to make spoilers? The ones above are done by hand, typing [ spoiler ][ /spoiler ], but something got mixed up.

Off-topic #2: Is there any Arena mod that makes everything like before the first Arena fight, with the traders and other Arena competitors and that you can fight every day against some creatures or bandits for money?

[Updated on: Thu, 30 July 2009 06:51]

Re: What is wrong with this script? [message #53130 is a reply to message #53125] Thu, 30 July 2009 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Picture time eh?
Pro-tip: You can rename the fmp extension to big, use FE to open it as a standard archive (as opposed to loading it) and you end up with this...As I thought, INVENTORY_CATEGORY_DESIGNS is absent from the mod.
The entries were arranged by ID.

Spoilers
Arena off-topic stuff
Re: What is wrong with this script? [message #53131 is a reply to message #53107] Thu, 30 July 2009 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I messed up, I was wrong, RatpackerMod didn't change style cards. Sorry about that. I thought I saw it in Notepad but didn't bother to check the screeny. I think that it's OldBoy's fault, no offense but he did said that Ratpacker will help me. Never mind, as long as it works. No word about sorting the items eh?

Re: What is wrong with this script? [message #53132 is a reply to message #53131] Thu, 30 July 2009 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
quicksilver wrote on Thu, 30 July 2009 09:45

I think that it's OldBoy's fault, no offense but he did said that Ratpacker will help me.
It's no one's fault, no one knew. Confused
I might take some time to redo that one mod, make the values more reasonable across all of the categories. The higher those values go, the longer it takes to load Fable. It also sucks up more memory.
quicksilver wrote on Thu, 30 July 2009 09:45

No word about sorting the items eh?
Entries in FMPs are in the order that they were placed in the FMP. Unless you mean in inventories.
In-game, inventory items are sorted first by category/class, then by the order in which they were received by the Hero.
For example, you get, in this order, the following weapons:
  • Iron Longsword
  • Master Crossbow
  • Steel Greatsword
  • Master Pickhammer
  • Yew Longbow
They'd be sorted as:
  • Melee weapons:
    • Light melee weapons:
      • Iron Longsword
      • Master Pickhammer
    • Heavy melee weapons:
      • Steel Greatsword
  • Ranged weapons:
    • Longbows:
      • Yew Longbow
    • Crossbows:
      • Master Crossbow
Re: What is wrong with this script? [message #53133 is a reply to message #53132] Thu, 30 July 2009 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I was thinking of inventory. It is no one's fault, I was simply saying that listening to OldBoy, no offense, led me to believe that the mod will solve my problem, so it's again my mistake for not reading mod description.
I think it's finally time to bring this thread to an end. Thanks again for the help and hear you as soon as I get stuck again Very Happy.

Bye for now,
quick

[Updated on: Thu, 30 July 2009 10:05]

Re: What is wrong with this script? [message #53134 is a reply to message #53113] Thu, 30 July 2009 09:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Let me quote myself here:
OldBoy wrote on Wed, 29 July 2009 22:30

This might be your solution.

I stated might.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: What is wrong with this script? [message #53135 is a reply to message #53134] Thu, 30 July 2009 10:10 Go to previous message
OK I'll quote myself too:
Quote:

It is no one's fault, I was simply saying that listening to OldBoy, no offense, led me to believe that the mod will solve my problem, so it's again my mistake for not reading mod description.

And I'm sorry about that. But if it weren't for your suggestion I wouldn't find where are the values I need, for that I am grateful.

Previous Topic: Ground editing
Next Topic: Arena game master
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:57:05 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01259 seconds