Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » CAppearanceModifierDef Bandit Vest over Villager Shirt Discussion
CAppearanceModifierDef Bandit Vest over Villager Shirt Discussion [message #53489] Sat, 08 August 2009 22:27 Go to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Off-topic posts deleted from this thread. Let's get this over and done with.
w00t-man wrote on Sat, 08 August 2009 17:25

bandit shirt and dark villiger shirt go well! thanx for the guid man!!!
The New Fabled Ravrn wrote on Sat, 08 August 2009 23:40

No they won't, the bandit shirt clips and I'm sure you have no idea how to fix it.
It's an easy fix if it's really needed. I don't know if it's needed or not as I haven't tried it myself and don't intend to break my not-playing streak to find out. What I did do was try it out in FE and 3DS using my own mesh merging technique.

Renders: In order from top to bottom, no shirt, bandit vest, villager shirt, both.

But if fixing is needed, it wouldn't be much. You can adjust the scale of the bandit vest, adjusting it up around 100.5% to 101% (Ravrn, 105% is too high...). If you want a thorough job, you can use some clever texture edits as well so as to sort of remove clipping (actually just make it so that you can't see it).

Now stop going off-topic, next time I'll simply delete the posts and forget I ever saw them.
Re: CAppearanceModifierDef Bandit Vest over Villager Shirt Discussion [message #53565 is a reply to message #53489] Wed, 12 August 2009 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The New Fabled Ravrn
JohnDoe wrote on Sun, 09 August 2009 01:27

...around 100.5% to 101% (Ravrn, 105% is too high).

Laughing , I found this out from experience. The vest was floating above me, but still moved since it was just scaled. I found it quite funny. Just wondering, just you "apply" your merging technique he or is it just the normal models put ontop of each other?

The clipping happens when you just add another entry in the appearance modfier. It happens in the middle of the shoulder's, and a small spot in the middle/bottom portion of the back. That' why I think a texture is the easiest way to go, perhaps just making the points colored to the vest.

But then again, I enjoy avoiding all model/modeling-related things.

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/9329/newim.gif http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4678/rulesq.gif

[Updated on: Thu, 13 August 2009 13:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: CAppearanceModifierDef Bandit Vest over Villager Shirt Discussion [message #53566 is a reply to message #53565] Wed, 12 August 2009 18:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
The New Fabled Ravrn wrote on Wed, 12 August 2009 20:11

It happens in the middle of the shoulder's, and a small spot in the middle/bottom portion of the back. That' why I think a texture is the easiest way to go, perhaps just making the points colored to the vest.
Ah, yea then a small up-scaling should work. Something I've experimented with in the past is texture editing, just alpha'd out the parts of the texture that clip. All easy stuff.
Re: CAppearanceModifierDef Bandit Vest over Villager Shirt Discussion [message #53567 is a reply to message #53566] Wed, 12 August 2009 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

John, when I try to just 'alpha-out' some things the graphic entry/mesh causes those parts to still show up. As an example, I made the cuff on the leather gloves transparent, but in-game the cuff is still there because the mesh tells it to be there. Can I change that without using some other program, just FE I mean?

Re: CAppearanceModifierDef Bandit Vest over Villager Shirt Discussion [message #53569 is a reply to message #53567] Wed, 12 August 2009 21:06 Go to previous message

Retired
jwc2200 wrote on Wed, 12 August 2009 21:44

John, when I try to just 'alpha-out' some things the graphic entry/mesh causes those parts to still show up. As an example, I made the cuff on the leather gloves transparent, but in-game the cuff is still there because the mesh tells it to be there. Can I change that without using some other program, just FE I mean?
I don't think so, not with FE anyway. But that is quite peculiar.
Previous Topic: Legendary weapons
Next Topic: Arena rounds
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 02:18:20 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01251 seconds