Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Need help with Trials mod (or in general)
Need help with Trials mod (or in general) [message #6426] Thu, 16 February 2006 15:48 Go to next message
stinlin is currently offline  stinlin
I've never had a mod before so I was trying to figure out to make the Trials of Albion mod work. I downloaded the stuff and made a new folder called FinalAlbion and I moved the finalalbion.wad file. But when I ran Fable, the game gave me some C++ runtime error.

I've never used a mod before so maybe that's why - I'm very clueless as to how to use a mod with my game. Can I get some help with things? Also - when the game DID run once, it seemed slower than it should have been...Slowing down I guess. Please help! I'd REALLY appreciate it! Thank you very much! Smile
Re: Need help with Trials mod (or in general) [message #6441 is a reply to message #6426] Fri, 17 February 2006 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Drifter is currently offline  Drifter
stinlin wrote on Thu, 16 February 2006 15:48

I've never had a mod before so I was trying to figure out to make the Trials of Albion mod work. I downloaded the stuff and made a new folder called FinalAlbion and I moved the finalalbion.wad file. But when I ran Fable, the game gave me some C++ runtime error.

I've never used a mod before so maybe that's why - I'm very clueless as to how to use a mod with my game. Can I get some help with things? Also - when the game DID run once, it seemed slower than it should have been...Slowing down I guess. Please help! I'd REALLY appreciate it! Thank you very much! Smile

Okay,heres some steps (although i'm mostly no good at this, ill try to help):
1. Create the new folder (finalalbion) in the levels folder and Extract the .wad to that folder using the freeroam app.
2. Download trials of albion and replace the TNGS located in the new folder (I believe Trials is in .rar format, I completely forgot what i uploaded it as).
3. Open up your userst in notepad and set UseLevelWAD to false.
The userst should look something like this:

//Don't mess
SetRunScripts(true);
SetPlayCD(false);
SetPlayIntro(false);
SetSound(true);
SetFullscreen(true);
SetForcePrimaryDevice(true);
SetSkipFrontend(FALSE);
SetMaxTextureSize(2048);
SetCompressedTextures(true);
SetDefinitionValidation(false);
SetUseOldWeaponTrails(false);

//****** Select your resolution
SetResolution(1024, 768, 16);
SetZBufferDepth(32);
SetTripleBuffering(BFALSE);

SetLevel("FinalAlbion.wld");

UseLevelWAD FALSE;

PresentImmediate FALSE;
ShowDevFrontEnd FALSE;
AllowDebugProfile FALSE;

SetStartingHolySite("NOVStartHSP");

EnableCodeSectionLoading(true);

UseCompiledDefs TRUE;
UseCompiledWorldFiles FALSE;
UseCompiledGlobalThings TRUE;
UseCompiledAnimationEvents TRUE;
AllowDataGeneration FALSE;
UseCompiledSoundSymbols TRUE;

UseRetailBanks TRUE;

RunFromDVD TRUE;
UsePhysicalDVD TRUE;

4. Boot fable and see if it works.

Also, please try to use the search function, it works quite well, and this has been answered numerous times.

[Updated on: Fri, 17 February 2006 09:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Need help with Trials mod (or in general) [message #6443 is a reply to message #6426] Fri, 17 February 2006 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the help...I appreciate it. I tried to search but had NO idea what to search for. My apologies. Smile
Re: Need help with Trials mod (or in general) [message #6444 is a reply to message #6443] Fri, 17 February 2006 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stinlin wrote on Fri, 17 February 2006 09:42

Thanks for the help...I appreciate it. I tried to search but had NO idea what to search for. My apologies. Smile

It's fine. Anyway, have you tried it?
Re: Need help with Trials mod (or in general) [message #6445 is a reply to message #6426] Fri, 17 February 2006 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Not yet - I have to just replace the TNG's...But I had a question: inside finalalbion, there's a butt load of TNG's, and inside finalalbion, there's a new Levels folder, inside which is a FinalAlbion folder with more TNG's. You said to replace them, but which them are you refering to?
Re: Need help with Trials mod (or in general) [message #6446 is a reply to message #6445] Fri, 17 February 2006 10:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's a lot of tngs. You shouldn't have two folders with a crap load of tngs. You should only have one. Inside your first levels folder, there should be a folder called finalalbion, with a bunch of tngs in it. If you have any other tngs they shouldnt neccesarily be there. Also, did you back up your .wad?
Re: Need help with Trials mod (or in general) [message #6447 is a reply to message #6426] Fri, 17 February 2006 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, I just made a copy of it. How will I know if this works? Is there a quick thing I'll notice in game that tells me if I did it right??
Re: Need help with Trials mod (or in general) [message #6448 is a reply to message #6447] Fri, 17 February 2006 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stinlin wrote on Fri, 17 February 2006 10:18

Yeah, I just made a copy of it. How will I know if this works? Is there a quick thing I'll notice in game that tells me if I did it right??

Your game will either crash, or not crash. But once you get to the guild, theres a plain chest full of most of the hair cards. If that's there - it worked.

Also you realize your supposed to start a new game, right?

[Updated on: Fri, 17 February 2006 10:42]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Need help with Trials mod (or in general) [message #6451 is a reply to message #6426] Fri, 17 February 2006 11:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah - I'm just trying to sort out some spec issues right now before I start playing. For some odd reason, my specs are fine but the game has random points of slowdown that I can't figure out. =\
Re: Need help with Trials mod (or in general) [message #6478 is a reply to message #6426] Sat, 18 February 2006 11:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dumdum407 is currently offline  dumdum407
hey about that easy way to see if it worked
where is the chest gonna be in the guild
I replaced the TNG's and all just got to guild and was wondering where i could fin the chest?
Re: Need help with Trials mod (or in general) [message #6584 is a reply to message #6426] Wed, 22 February 2006 18:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gh0st is currently offline  Gh0st
i've tried all of the above but i still cant get it to work or find this chest! Crying or Very Sad
Re: Need help with Trials mod (or in general) [message #38032 is a reply to message #6426] Fri, 15 February 2008 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Day-Of-Doom is currently offline  Day-Of-Doom
i can't find my urst... what is it exactly? i have even used the search function in windows... and also... where do i download the latest version of Trials of Albion and do i need to download the earlier versions before i can use the latest?
Re: Need help with Trials mod (or in general) [message #38033 is a reply to message #6426] Fri, 15 February 2008 09:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry to bother you guys XD... i just didnt see the file type before... dunno why but now i fixed it so i can see it now ^^.
Re: Need help with Trials mod (or in general) [message #38035 is a reply to message #38033] Fri, 15 February 2008 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Day-Of-Doom wrote on Fri, 15 February 2008 11:06

i can't find my urst... what is it exactly?
I've never heard of an "urst".

i have even used the search function in windows...
Well, considering there probably isn't a .urst, I wouldn't imagine you getting anything from such a search.

and also... where do i download the latest version of Trials of Albion
Too bad you can't use the search function in the site.

and do i need to download the earlier versions before i can use the latest?
No.
Day-Of-Doom wrote on Fri, 15 February 2008 11:09

sorry to bother you guys XD... i just didnt see the file type before... dunno why but now i fixed it so i can see it now ^^.
Double-post, oh well, you're new. Try to use the edit button next time. So you've enabled file extensions via Folder Options, congrats. So you're saying that you got a .urst filetype? Any unfamiliar extensions would still be shown, only the recognized extensions are hidden, so .doc files have a hidden extension and .fmp, .wad, .big, .bin, and even .urst files will have their extensions revealed unless you do something ridiculous like associate them with notepad or something else.

Note, I'm not trying to make fun of you or anything, I just can't find anything even remotely close to urst, so explain it to me, what are you talking aboot?
Re: Need help with Trials mod (or in general) [message #38036 is a reply to message #6426] Fri, 15 February 2008 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i meant userst XD (it is highly possible that my spelling is crappy)... sorry btw... i'l try to remember to use the edit thing next time... and yes you are right... i registered a few hours ago XD...
Re: Need help with Trials mod (or in general) [message #38037 is a reply to message #38036] Fri, 15 February 2008 10:01 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
That explains it, sorry, I was just at a loss for what urst was. Thanks for the clarification, and thanks for understanding about the use of the edit button.

If you needed the userst.ini to change
UseLevelWAD FALSE;
to TRUE, then don't worry about it. Fable looks for the wad, if it can't find it it looks for the levs/tngs, regardless of what the userst.ini says.
Previous Topic: Dripping Blood
Next Topic: some questions about bow
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 10:35:06 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01164 seconds