Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Weapon powers?
Weapon powers? [message #53636] Sun, 16 August 2009 15:54 Go to next message
havik is currently offline  havik
Ok hello, Im new to this site But i have been searching on how to make a weapon have powers, I couldnt find anything about it on search so.. I thought i would try here.
Im wondering how i would be able to add a spell to a weapon? Like when i hit someone force push is used. Or have a fireball hit them with the sword blast? Any ideas on what to do?
(ps) i did make a post on projectego site, But i have not had any replys that help. So i thought i would try this site Smile
Re: Weapon powers? [message #54568 is a reply to message #53636] Sat, 10 October 2009 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ZombyAlex is currently offline  ZombyAlex
Maybe requests would be better. But I think someone may have tried this before. I dunno. Try searching around.

I am a legally registered psychopath. I kid you not.

..Srsly. I has therapy.. I'm SUPER CEREAL.
Re: Weapon powers? [message #54570 is a reply to message #53636] Sat, 10 October 2009 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
I know I've answered this. You can add certain effects and explosions, but you can't add spells to weapons. And don't bump threads.
Re: Weapon powers? [message #54571 is a reply to message #54568] Sat, 10 October 2009 09:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

You can't add a spell to a weapon.

But you can add the visual effects of a spell to a weapon.
You might also be able to add a physical explosion to a hit with a weapon.
So I guess both ideas might be possible, but I'm not sure if you would get the effect you are looking for.
Also most explosions effect the hero as well, sooo....

Anyway, this is how I would start if I would want to figure this out:
-> Back up your game.bin
-> In the game.bin you have a list of CExplosionDefs, open them up and find one you might like for your purpose and remember it's ID number(you could also make a new entry and edit as you like).
-> Look up the weapon you want to change OBJECT_*** and open it's CWeaponDef.
-> There's an empty label Explosion, put the ID number from the CExplosionDef in there.
-> Save and run Fable.

Now the above is all theory, I havn't done this.
So if you mess up anything, don't come here complaining that I messed up your stuff.
Good luck.

Oh and as for adding visual effects to a weapon, look in the 'new to modding fable' thread, there's some info there.

[edit]
JohnDoe beat me Wink

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.

[Updated on: Sat, 10 October 2009 09:39]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Weapon powers? [message #54584 is a reply to message #54571] Sun, 11 October 2009 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Ok since I was bored I looked into this.
My 'how-to' above isn't correct, but it can be done.
And I must say, I actually kinda liked what I found.
A little hard to make proper screenshots of the whole thing, but I tried a couple of explosions and some look pretty good!

Anyway the correct way of adding an explosion to a melee weapon is as follows:
-> In the game.bin you have a list of THINGS, open them up and find one that says THING_***_EXPLOSION and remember it's ID number.
-> Look up the weapon you want to change OBJECT_*** and open it's CWeaponDef.
-> There's an empty label Explosion, put the ID number from the THING_***_EXPLOSION in there.
-> The THING_***_EXPLOSION has it's own CDefs, among them is the CExplosionDef in which you can edit the physical and visual effects of the explosion.

For proper editing I'd recommend making new entries for this (a new THING entry, a new CExplosionDef entry, also a new CWeaponDef and perhaps a new OBJECT entry).
Since most of these entries are used in the game by enemies.

this is not an exit.
Re: Weapon powers? [message #54587 is a reply to message #54584] Sun, 11 October 2009 02:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
OldBoy wrote on Sun, 11 October 2009 03:58

For proper editing I'd recommend making new entries for this (a new THING entry, a new CExplosionDef entry, also a new CWeaponDef and perhaps a new OBJECT entry).
Since most of these entries are used in the game by enemies.
Yep yep, good modding standards builds good modders.
That sounded less cheesy in my head...

My only recommendation is that the explosion damage range be as small as possible on melee weapons, if not 0. This is because of, well, you'll kill yourself.
Re: Weapon powers? [message #54589 is a reply to message #54587] Sun, 11 October 2009 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

JohnDoe wrote on Sun, 11 October 2009 11:30

My only recommendation is that the explosion damage range be as small as possible on melee weapons, if not 0. This is because of, well, you'll kill yourself.

So far I've tested 3 different explosions, and none did damage to the hero funny enough.
Haven't found the variable yet that might be of influence.

this is not an exit.
Re: Weapon powers? [message #54591 is a reply to message #54589] Sun, 11 October 2009 02:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
That's interesting. I know exploding arrows and throwing bombs effect the Hero, but then those are projectiles. I'll have to be on the lookout for any noticeable differences in the defs, perhaps an unknown somewhere.
Re: Weapon powers? [message #54592 is a reply to message #54591] Sun, 11 October 2009 02:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

JohnDoe wrote on Sun, 11 October 2009 11:36

That's interesting. I know exploding arrows and throwing bombs effect the Hero, but then those are projectiles. I'll have to be on the lookout for any noticeable differences in the defs, perhaps an unknown somewhere.

It looks like the explosion only effects the creature your melee attack is aimed at.
No other nearby creatures will suffer damage.
I'm not sure yet, but it seems that way.

THING_EXPLOSION_DRAGON_NAPALM is quite something though Wink

[edit]
Did some more testing, and no creatures are harmed accept the one the attack is aimed at.
Now to find out how to change that.

this is not an exit.

[Updated on: Sun, 11 October 2009 02:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Weapon powers? [message #55252 is a reply to message #53636] Wed, 16 December 2009 13:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
havik is currently offline  havik
Ok im kinda confused on it. I Cant seem to find the spot where to put the explosion id number
Re: Weapon powers? [message #62157 is a reply to message #53636] Sun, 03 April 2011 19:45 Go to previous message
ChaoticMove is currently offline  ChaoticMove
I just found a way to keep your projectile´s explosions from damaging your hero, actualy.

After you add the explosion effect, just open the "SHOT" ("SHOT_CROSSBOW_BOLT_LEGENDARY" for example) linked to your weapon and expand the sub menu on the left. Then, click where it says "D22EDCAB" and change the value in there to "0". Apply changes and run Fable.

P.D.- Sorry for posting on a dead thread, but since it is linked to as a tutorial I thought I might as well do it for everyone to see how to make the weapon of their dreams Very Happy
Previous Topic: puntable children
Next Topic: Shot change error.
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 09:11:06 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01173 seconds