Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » help with hero resizing
help with hero resizing [message #53722] Fri, 21 August 2009 04:23 Go to next message
jackofblades666 is currently offline  jackofblades666
i want to know how to resize the hero, i went to creature_hero graphics and changed the scale. but when i started fable only his head was higher or lower. can anyone help me with this?
Re: help with hero resizing [message #53723 is a reply to message #53722] Fri, 21 August 2009 04:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
If you remove the Hero's clothes, you'll find that he is scaled accordingly. You need to scale the clothing as well. In the CAppearanceModifierDef of each clothing entry, there is an array that tells Fable what mesh to put on the Hero, when they appear for what stat (like horns) and so on, there will be a float value that determines scale. There is one value for each mesh. It should be 1. Change it to whatever you scaled the Hero to. Do this for every mesh item in the array in every clothing CAppearanceModifierDef.

Alternatively you can alter the bones.
Re: help with hero resizing [message #53895 is a reply to message #53723] Thu, 27 August 2009 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Velk_the_man is currently offline  Velk_the_man
ah wonderful, JohnDoe to the rescue again. Smile this is very good info, but i'm wondering if there's a way to possibly add ranks to the physical skills that actually increase the size of your hero, and his clothes at the same time, make it easier, so you don't have to change the scale of the hero, as well as his clothes? sorry if this has already been answered, if so, a link would be great Smile
Re: help with hero resizing [message #53896 is a reply to message #53895] Thu, 27 August 2009 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Velk_the_man wrote on Thu, 27 August 2009 11:29

i'm wondering if there's a way to possibly add ranks to the physical skills that actually increase the size of your hero, and his clothes at the same time
JohnDoe wrote on Fri, 21 August 2009 06:27

Alternatively you can alter the bones.
The bone morphing is incremental. That is, it only morphs a little bit at a time, once for each skill level up (anything except will abilities).

(Install directory)\data\bones, you'll find a bunch of bncfg files. You can open them with notepad, they're plain text. Find the ones for the Hero, look for one labeled strong and another labeled tall. The one labeled strong and tall isn't used. The general idea is to increase the numbers proportionately, I hope you like math. It would be better if you were to grab a list of bones specific to the Hero, as not all of them are listed in the morphing files and so the Hero would appear very odd once you're done. If you need help with this, I can provide the list of bones for you and an example on how to edit the morphing files.
Re: help with hero resizing [message #53897 is a reply to message #53722] Thu, 27 August 2009 11:10 Go to previous message
Velk_the_man is currently offline  Velk_the_man
great idea, yeah, i don't really want the hero to look odd, and i wanna get this right the first time, the bones list, and example would be great Smile but only if you have time. i don't mind waiting, there's plenty other things to screw around with in FE.

EDIT: If it helps at all, i added 3 ranks to each of the physical skills

[Updated on: Thu, 27 August 2009 11:14]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Question about cutscenes
Next Topic: Weapon damage editing
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 15:05:56 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01760 seconds