Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Keyblade weapon
Keyblade weapon [message #53788] Sun, 23 August 2009 17:56 Go to next message
BLiNDasDAY is currently offline  BLiNDasDAY
This might not be the right place to post this, but can someone make a useable weapon out of a picture I have of a keyblade? This keyblade was a collab effort between me and my friend, and we would like to see it become a weapon for Fable TLC.
index.php?t=getfile&id=8245&private=0
If it's too much detail, then it's okay.

Thanks!
BLiND
  • Attachment: Betwixt.jpg
    (Size: 74.02KB, Downloaded 2780 times)

[Updated on: Sun, 23 August 2009 17:57]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Keyblade weapon [message #53800 is a reply to message #53788] Mon, 24 August 2009 09:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Overlord Mathias is currently offline  Overlord Mathias

o.o....
that's the first keyblade I've ever felt was awesome!

I doubt anyone will make it, though... the double hand guard clips really bad. Maybe if you design a new upper hand guard that leaves room?

When I get home, later, I'll edit the pic with Gimp to show you what I mean.

http://a2.cdn.gaiaonline.com/gaia/members/ava/72/69/14277295fe6972_flip.png

[Updated on: Mon, 24 August 2009 09:11]

Re: Keyblade weapon [message #53803 is a reply to message #53788] Mon, 24 August 2009 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

It looks like it would be near impossible to make. It looks great, but I can already see some problems. For one, the double handguards, which Mathias brought up. The other one is the thing at the bottom of the Keyblade, realistically it would rattle, but that would be impossible.

It would be far too difficult.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: Keyblade weapon [message #53806 is a reply to message #53803] Mon, 24 August 2009 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Overlord Mathias is currently offline  Overlord Mathias

DarkenedSoul wrote on Mon, 24 August 2009 12:00

It looks like it would be near impossible to make. It looks great, but I can already see some problems. For one, the double handguards, which Mathias brought up. The other one is the thing at the bottom of the Keyblade, realistically it would rattle, but that would be impossible.

It would be far too difficult.

True... I didn't even think about all the little details and thread-like parts. This would take forever D:
Well, here's what I meant:
I'm not sure I like it, because it takes away from your design.

http://a2.cdn.gaiaonline.com/gaia/members/ava/72/69/14277295fe6972_flip.png
Re: Keyblade weapon [message #53808 is a reply to message #53788] Mon, 24 August 2009 13:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The New Fabled Ravrn
It doesn't have to lose the handguards, honestly, I remember Keshire saying he removed it from the Keshire Keyblade because they looked "stupid" to him. If you editted the helpers a bit, or change up the model (helpers would be far easier), then you could keep the guard without clipping. Of course, I
m sure it would only work as a 1-Handed weapon.

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/9329/newim.gif http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/4678/rulesq.gif
Re: Keyblade weapon [message #53835 is a reply to message #53808] Tue, 25 August 2009 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
if im right, someone already made a keyblade, but then the regular one.
Re: Keyblade weapon [message #53875 is a reply to message #53788] Wed, 26 August 2009 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The chain on the Keyblade doesn't need to stay, and neither does the thorn chain just above the hilt. If the details on the blade need to be sacrificed, my only requests are that the color remains the same, the key part of the actual blade be given detail as much as possible, and that the opposite edge of the weapon - the actual blade - shine with the glint of light like the edges of the weapons that already exist. (For this weapon, the color would probably be a platinum blue.) The double guard, I see, is going to take up a lot of detail, so how would we be able to simplify it, while still retaining it's style? Also, the threads on the key part of the blade can be removed, can't they?

Is this still impossible?
BLiND

[Updated on: Wed, 26 August 2009 13:09]

Re: Keyblade weapon [message #54020 is a reply to message #53788] Sun, 30 August 2009 13:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a sketch for a new weapon, one I call "Vengeance," that I just recently finished and am looking for someone to make into a weapon. There are parts of the weapon I know won't be able to be added onto the model, but the basic idea should still remain.

Sorry if it's a little big... next time resize it, crop it, use an off-site host like Imgur or ImageShack, and use spoilers next time. - JohnDoe

BLiND

[Updated on: Sun, 30 August 2009 21:10] by Moderator

Re: Keyblade weapon [message #54042 is a reply to message #54020] Tue, 01 September 2009 12:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
BLiNDasDAY wrote on Sun, 30 August 2009 22:50

I have a sketch for a new weapon, one I call "Vengeance," that I just recently finished and am looking for someone to make into a weapon. There are parts of the weapon I know won't be able to be added onto the model, but the basic idea should still remain.

Sorry if it's a little big... next time resize it, crop it, use an off-site host like Imgur or ImageShack, and use spoilers next time. - JohnDoe

BLiND

use an off-site host like Imgur or ImageShack.

or Photobucket ..

[Updated on: Tue, 01 September 2009 12:33] by Moderator

Re: Keyblade weapon [message #54044 is a reply to message #54042] Tue, 01 September 2009 19:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

DeMoNiC wrote on Tue, 01 September 2009 12:32

BLiNDasDAY wrote on Sun, 30 August 2009 22:50

BLiND

use an off-site host like Imgur or ImageShack.

or Photobucket ..

ImageShack + Photobucket = Fail because they lag.

Winners use TinyPic.

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: Keyblade weapon [message #54046 is a reply to message #54044] Wed, 02 September 2009 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Totally off-topic but Imgur is pretty good. Try it before you knock it. </off-topic>

[Updated on: Wed, 02 September 2009 02:19]

Re: Keyblade weapon [message #54104 is a reply to message #54046] Sun, 06 September 2009 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

That's a truly amazing keyblade, I did always like the keyblades. However, I don't believe I could make a good looking version of that if I tried.

Do you have a higher resolution version of that picture?

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Keyblade weapon [message #54110 is a reply to message #53788] Sun, 06 September 2009 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's the only pic I have. I can ask my buddy if he has a higher resolution pic, but I don't know if he would give it to me. Really, I'm starting to look at all the individual parts of this keyblade and think, "This really would take forever. And doing a lower detailed version of it would be like the opposite of what we wanted."

morerunes, do you think you can make this keyblade and still retain its detail?

BLiND
Re: Keyblade weapon [message #54111 is a reply to message #54110] Sun, 06 September 2009 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

I honestly don't think I could do it without some help from your friend, I would need him to texture it for me

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: Keyblade weapon [message #54118 is a reply to message #54111] Mon, 07 September 2009 09:21 Go to previous message
Anonymous Coward
morerunes wrote on Mon, 07 September 2009 05:00

I honestly don't think I could do it without some help from your friend, I would need him to texture it for me

i Think i can texture it for you. it doesn't look that hard. i can always try right ? i only need a mesh to texture. the handle and the ''top'' of the key looks hard, but i think its possible. it would take me a hour of 8.. but its possible Razz

My Oppinion

[Updated on: Mon, 07 September 2009 09:35] by Moderator

Previous Topic: Ragnarok Sword Request.
Next Topic: New armor request, very simple
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 12:26:32 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01014 seconds