Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Fable Explorer with Vista
Fable Explorer with Vista [message #53966] Sat, 29 August 2009 05:29 Go to next message
Dund is currently offline  Dund
First of all I have had a look at other posts, but haven't found one the same as mine.

Basically, I have Fable TLC installed on a Vista 64 bit system. I haven't used any mods, I am trying to edit the textures.big file to add in a few textures I dled.

The program opens fine and it opens the textures.big file fine When I've replaced the files I want and go to recompile the file it comes up with the unhandled exception error with

"The OS handle's position is not what FileStream expected. Do not use a handle simultaneously in one FileStream and in Win32 code or another FileStream. This may cause data loss."

If I click continue it saves the recompiled file, but its obviously not worked as it is 0 kb.

Anyone know the issue?
Re: Fable Explorer with Vista [message #53969 is a reply to message #53966] Sat, 29 August 2009 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Noctus is currently offline  Noctus

Administrator

predboy64 wrote on Sat, 29 August 2009 08:21

USe the Search Button it will help u alot
A general +1 post. If you genuinely don't know, don't post. Not telling this guy what to even search is just stupid.
Dund wrote on Sat, 29 August 2009 05:29

First of all I have had a look at other posts, but haven't found one the same as mine.

Basically, I have Fable TLC installed on a Vista 64 bit system. I haven't used any mods, I am trying to edit the textures.big file to add in a few textures I dled.

The program opens fine and it opens the textures.big file fine When I've replaced the files I want and go to recompile the file it comes up with the unhandled exception error with

"The OS handle's position is not what FileStream expected. Do not use a handle simultaneously in one FileStream and in Win32 code or another FileStream. This may cause data loss."

If I click continue it saves the recompiled file, but its obviously not worked as it is 0 kb.

Anyone know the issue?

I'll be honest, this is an error I have never ever seen before. Could you provide me a screenshot of the error?

Also, what is FileStream?

http://img696.imageshack.us/img696/9540/helpmeaaa.jpg
Re: Fable Explorer with Vista [message #53983 is a reply to message #53966] Sun, 30 August 2009 00:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I have no idea what filestream is.
  • Attachment: Untitled.jpg
    (Size: 115.43KB, Downloaded 1125 times)

[Updated on: Sun, 30 August 2009 00:55] by Moderator

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable Explorer with Vista [message #53987 is a reply to message #53983] Sun, 30 August 2009 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

What mods are you loading?
As I can see from the screenshot, FE doesn't load the gamefiles by itself, but you did it manually?
What files did you load? I see 2, but can't see which ones.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: Fable Explorer with Vista [message #54003 is a reply to message #53987] Sun, 30 August 2009 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Silverback is currently offline  Silverback

Cow Tipper
Filestream is what is generally reading and writing your files.

Your Fable Explorer is way out of date. There isn't even an option to load Def.xml. You are using a Pre-Game.bin version of Fable Explorer, you can't expect new results.

[Updated on: Sun, 30 August 2009 10:05]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Fable Explorer with Vista [message #54033 is a reply to message #53966] Mon, 31 August 2009 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah ok, I didn't actually download Fable explorer I used one that came with a mod I dled, so that must be it. I hadnt yet installed any mods.
Re: Fable Explorer with Vista [message #54034 is a reply to message #54033] Mon, 31 August 2009 04:41 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Dund wrote on Mon, 31 August 2009 05:54

Ah ok, I didn't actually download Fable explorer I used one that came with a mod I dled, so that must be it. I hadnt yet installed any mods.
Which mod and where? Provide a link.
The only authorized dealer of FE is us from the official FE thread. This way we can keep track of how many downloads it has and do a better job with keeping people up to date.
Previous Topic: MAC USERS
Next Topic: Help needed with cbox
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 13:24:04 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01083 seconds