Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » FableExplorer help?
FableExplorer help? [message #54082] Sat, 05 September 2009 13:26 Go to next message
Lady_Gray is currently offline  Lady_Gray
I have installed FableExplorer onto my computer into the lost chapters folder and it works fine, but it won't let me save the mods and play! It says cant find splash image and cant find library. I have tried putting the splash image in, but then i says it cant find library. Then I copied all the folders of the fable tlc game into the same folder as FableExplorer, but it still doesn't work! It always says please insert disc 1. I have a no-cd crack installed because it's faster and I lost my first and fourth disc so I can't just put the first disc in. I thought and I was told that the no-cd crack would solve this! What am i doing wrong? Sad
Re: FableExplorer help? [message #54087 is a reply to message #54082] Sat, 05 September 2009 14:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Congratulations. You've managed to violate multiple site rules already.

Pick the correct place to ask a question, and ask it there. Don't cross post the same question somewhere else.

To be clear; follow the rules, you'll be fine. Don't, and you'll be banned.
Besides, people are more likely to help you if you follow our guidelines.

As for your question; JohnDoe already tried helping you over at projectego.
My advice: don't move the gamefiles somewhere else, cause it will break your game, and try a different no-cd exe.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.

[Updated on: Sat, 05 September 2009 14:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: FableExplorer help? [message #54090 is a reply to message #54082] Sat, 05 September 2009 19:27 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
There are many possibilities: bad registry data; wrong no-cd exe; incorrect placement of no-cd exe; various user errors; gremlins in your computer; Zalgo; etc. and so on. But my answer is the same.
Make sure you have the right no-cd exe. Make sure you've used it properly.
Make sure the registry data is correct. The Fable files don't need to be in the same place as FE, but the registry information is necessary for FE to work and so it has to be correct.

You can use ChocolateBox, changing the ChocolateBox.ini to use the MyPath line instead of the registry, and changing the MyPath value to where ever it is that you've put the files. But if you can't play Fable, then that's a fruitless venture anyway.
OldBoy wrote on Sat, 05 September 2009 16:10

As for your question; JohnDoe already tried helping you over at projectego.
This.

The more active of us here at FableTLCMod also reside at ProjectEgo, and while many things may be different on the two sites, the people answering questions in regards to modding will be the same and so the answers will be the same.
Previous Topic: Back-Up Restore help.
Next Topic: Fable Chest Formatter
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 15:26:58 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01160 seconds