Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Level Scripting » I need assistance with teleporters.
I need assistance with teleporters. [message #54100] Sun, 06 September 2009 06:19 Go to next message
Scradam is currently offline  Scradam
Ok, so I've been mucking around with teleporters and managed to teleport from a teleporter I made, to various different entry UID's. When I tried to set up a marker to teleport to, I came across some issues. Both the scripts below are in lookoutpoint.tng and are right next to each other.

Destination

Teleporter

But when I change the destination UID in the teleporter script to 18446741874686298109, which is a marker I found in LookoutPoint, it works perfectly.
See screenshots contained in the below spoilers for the two markers that I tested on.

I'm absolutely stumped, I bet it's something really simple that I am overlooking.

I'm not sure if you guys know this, but you can edit the .tng's whilst in game, just leave the area and come back and your changes will be loaded. However, if you change the UID of something, the old one will still be loaded into memory and both will be on top of each other.

Thanks,
Scradam
Re: I need assistance with teleporters. [message #54101 is a reply to message #54100] Sun, 06 September 2009 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jwc2200 is currently offline  jwc2200

Administrator

What is the problem? You said it worked perfectly.
Where are you trying to teleport to from Lookout Point?

Re: I need assistance with teleporters. [message #54102 is a reply to message #54100] Sun, 06 September 2009 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No, it worked fine when I selected a random marker already in lookout point. If you look at the second screenshot, the one contained in the spoiler called 'Not working', the selected red arrow in the bottom left corner of the map (it's meant to teleport me into lookoutpoint_filler_07). When I tell it to go there, it doesn't work... but when I tell it to go to the marker in the first screenshot, it works fine.

Hope this clarifies it. Sorry for the dodgy explanation, I'm really really tired.

Thanks,
Scradam

Re: I need assistance with teleporters. [message #54103 is a reply to message #54102] Sun, 06 September 2009 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Quote:

No, it worked fine when I selected a random marker already in lookout point.

If it worked, there is no problem, right?

Quote:

If you look at the second screenshot, the one contained in the spoiler called 'Not working', the selected red arrow in the bottom left corner of the map (it's meant to teleport me into lookoutpoint_filler_07)

Your marker needs to be in the same region as the teleport object, not in the destination region, wierd but true.

Quote:

I'm really really tired.

Get some rest and try again. Did you subtract the map coordinates of the starting region from the destination region, using the map coordinates from FinalAlbion.wld?

Re: I need assistance with teleporters. [message #54107 is a reply to message #54100] Sun, 06 September 2009 16:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your help and time is greatly appreciated, but did you read the first post?

"Both the scripts below are in lookoutpoint.tng and are right next to each other."

So; yes, they are in the same region.
Re: I need assistance with teleporters. [message #54109 is a reply to message #54107] Sun, 06 September 2009 17:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Good luck.

Re: I need assistance with teleporters. [message #54113 is a reply to message #54100] Mon, 07 September 2009 06:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok, so I managed to get my teleporters working. I didn't solve the problem I initially posted, but I just left it and moved on and every teleporter I made after that point seemed to work fine.

So, now I've come across an issue.
I'm trying to use a boat as a teleporter and place it on the end of the pier in PrisonPath.
The teleporter works fine, but I can't get it close enough or the right size for the hero to activate it. Perhaps the OBJECT_HKC_PIER_END_01, that is situated at the end of the pier, is in the way, and the hero can't activate the boat through it. Deleting it results in the hero being able to fall off the end of the pier, though. I would like to avoid that.

Here's some screenshots:

Any suggestions as to how I might be able to achieve this?

Thanks,
Scradam
Re: I need assistance with teleporters. [message #54115 is a reply to message #54113] Mon, 07 September 2009 07:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
I think it has to do with the collision. See if you can find a small set of steps or anything to elevate the Hero a bit to put at the end of the pier.
Re: I need assistance with teleporters. [message #54116 is a reply to message #54100] Mon, 07 September 2009 08:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Collision? I thought that height might be the issue.

I managed to get it to work, though. Took me from about an hour from when I posted, until when I posted this, mucking around with scale, height and position, to get it just right. I have to stand right on the edge of the pier to access it.

That was a lot of effort for one object!
Re: I need assistance with teleporters. [message #54117 is a reply to message #54116] Mon, 07 September 2009 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Glad you have something put together. That's quite the parallel parking feat.
Scradam wrote on Mon, 07 September 2009 10:12

Collision? I thought that height might be the issue.
Same thing for the most part.

It's just a guess, but the collision of the end of the pier might be blocking the Hero from interacting with the ship.It is possible to lower the height of the collision with CBox and a modeling app. But that's a lot of work.As I mentioned earlier, it would have been far easier to find something to elevate the Hero, big enough that he can use the teleporter but small enough that he can't walk straight off the pier.But you, in some way or another, through scaling and repositioning, brought the ship close enough and high enough that he can use it.As for why I [poorly] illustrated these to point out unnecessary stuff, I really don't know anymore. But maybe it can help someone else if they ever come across the same problem.

[Updated on: Mon, 07 September 2009 08:43]

Report message to a moderator

Re: I need assistance with teleporters. [message #54123 is a reply to message #54100] Mon, 07 September 2009 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They're great. Very Happy
Very simplstic and easy to follow.
So basically the 'collision' is the part of the object that is interactable and that you can hit, shoot and can't walk through. If that makes sense.

Thanks very much.
Re: I need assistance with teleporters. [message #54807 is a reply to message #54100] Mon, 26 October 2009 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pascaliedema is currently offline  pascaliedema
i also have a problem with teleporters. i made a teleporter from startoakvale to oakbay so i can teleport in childhood to oakbay so i can play as a child there. i used this tut: http://fabletlcmod.com/wiki/doku.php?id=scripting:d.i.y._tel eporter but this won't work. when i go to my teleporter (it's one of the four benches around that tree in the middle of startoakvale) but when i walk over to it i can highlight hit and it's blue, but when i press TAB nothing happens. this is the script i use.

NewThing Object;
Player 4;
UID 18446741874686297065;
DefinitionType "OBJECT_TOWNBENCH_01";
CreateTC "CTCActionUseScriptedHook";
ScriptData "NULL";
ThingGamePersistent FALSE;
ThingLevelPersistent FALSE;
StartCTCPhysicsStandard;
PositionX 86.544920;
PositionY 109.221200;
PositionZ 9.441921;
RHSetForwardX 0.000000;
RHSetForwardY -1.000000;
RHSetForwardZ 0.000000;
RHSetUpX 0.000000;
RHSetUpY 0.000000;
RHSetUpZ 1.000000;
EndCTCPhysicsStandard;
StartCTCEditor;
EndCTCEditor;
StartCTCActionUseScriptedHook;
Usable TRUE;
ReversedOnMiniMap FALSE;
HiddenOnMiniMap TRUE;
VersionNumber 1;
ForceConfirmation FALSE;
TeleportToRegionEntrance TRUE;
EntranceConnectedToUID 18446741874686344994;
SoundName "";
AnimationName "";
ReplacementObject 0;
EndCTCActionUseScriptedHook;
Health 1.0;
EndThing;

EntranceConnectedToUID 18446741874686344994; this is the UID of the marker. i just picked the 1st marker you see when you select an object in oakvale and put in the UID

[Updated on: Mon, 26 October 2009 11:55]

Re: I need assistance with teleporters. [message #54809 is a reply to message #54807] Mon, 26 October 2009 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

It doesn't work like that. You didn't read the wiki correct.
You can't use the UID of just some marker to teleport to.

Courtesy of JohnDoe: Read This

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.

[Updated on: Mon, 26 October 2009 12:11]

Re: I need assistance with teleporters. [message #54820 is a reply to message #54100] Tue, 27 October 2009 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i happend to make a teleporter from startoakvale to picnicarea but when i arrived i'm suddenly stuck can't move and i can't press ESC to go to the menu. is that what you mean with "which is generally a bad thing (you'd understand if you ever saw it)."
Re: I need assistance with teleporters. [message #54821 is a reply to message #54820] Tue, 27 October 2009 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Does any map load or are you just in a blank white void? You got the coordinates wrong I'm sure.
What I meant by that statement was that the Hero ends up in the corner of the map, which is bad because... it looks weird... don't really know how else to put that. But you can still move and use the menus and such.
Re: I need assistance with teleporters. [message #54823 is a reply to message #54100] Tue, 27 October 2009 09:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i managed to make a teleporter from startoakvale when i'm a child that takes me to oakbay but when i arrived i stand near my old house so i thought everything would be fine. i can hear the music, the grass waves peacefull. BUT I STILL CAN'T MOVE and when i press the ESC button it's the same as before, the menu doesn't show up. and i only see the map with no markers on it

[Updated on: Tue, 27 October 2009 11:05]

Re: I need assistance with teleporters. [message #54828 is a reply to message #54823] Tue, 27 October 2009 16:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Hmm, another possibility is that it's a quest-related thing.
Re: I need assistance with teleporters. [message #54832 is a reply to message #54828] Wed, 28 October 2009 00:37 Go to previous message
JohnDoe wrote on Tue, 27 October 2009 16:47

Hmm, another possibility is that it's a quest-related thing.

maybe you are right because childhood is a quest.
Previous Topic: Strange collision issues
Next Topic: Custom Cullis Gates
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:22:17 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01224 seconds