Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Just some ideas.
Just some ideas. [message #54124] Mon, 07 September 2009 17:27 Go to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
I have no idea where I'm going with this. But now that I'm building it, thought I'd get some feedback on it.

So, it's a 32x32 (tng units) pyramid-like, um, thing. The Hero is shown in the renders to help you get an idea of its size. 32x32 is big. It's one ninth of the fresco dome. As in, side-by-side, I can only fit nine of them in that map.

The slope is pretty sloppy, thinking of scrapping it and redoing it, perhaps with a different texture. Also thinking about adding some sort of sides to the tiles and stairs. Original idea was to utilize the flaming sword effect all around the top platform, but that's a lot of helpers and it was hard to keep track of all of them as they're frikkin' invisible.

Any ideas on what to improve and how, as well as what I should do with it when it's finished, is welcome.

Also, and possibly related, what would you prefer: smooth, round columns, smooth square columns, or either with some sort of ornamental design?

[Updated on: Mon, 07 September 2009 17:28]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Just some ideas. [message #54125 is a reply to message #54124] Mon, 07 September 2009 20:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SD94aILxaEU

What about something like that?

just more cross-sections before you cap the top

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"

[Updated on: Mon, 07 September 2009 20:56]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Just some ideas. [message #54131 is a reply to message #54125] Tue, 08 September 2009 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
The video you linked to is private.
Re: Just some ideas. [message #54132 is a reply to message #54131] Tue, 08 September 2009 09:37 Go to previous message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

I didn't realize I actually had to choose youtube accounts to see it. I'll go mark it as public later, or upload it somewhere else when I get home around 4:00

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Previous Topic: Some tutorials about retexture of armour, Plz!!!!
Next Topic: Is there a way to convert Fable TLC Hero models?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 15:39:44 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01135 seconds