Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Is there a way to convert Fable TLC Hero models?
Is there a way to convert Fable TLC Hero models? [message #54135] Tue, 08 September 2009 11:44 Go to next message
Bobantha is currently offline  Bobantha
I'm a Blender user who recently found FE and was wondering if there is a way to convert the Fable Hero (at whatever lvl and morality) into a .obj file or anything that would work with Blender. HELP?
Re: Is there a way to convert Fable TLC Hero models? [message #54136 is a reply to message #54135] Tue, 08 September 2009 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous Coward
First Off All, Welcome to the Forum Smile
Im always happy to see new faces around here Smile
If you Follow The Rules, then there wont be any trouble.
I hope you will be a active forum member, and bring out some unexpected mods Smile expected mods are OK to Razz

And, as an answer to your question:
I dont think so. Rolling Eyes
Re: Is there a way to convert Fable TLC Hero models? [message #54138 is a reply to message #54136] Tue, 08 September 2009 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
FE/CBox can export the models as DirectX.
Blender can import DirectX.
So I don't see the hangup.
If I remember correctly, CBox has some WaveFront functionality, but that's still in the works.

Should also mention that Blender doesn't have full DirectX support, things like helpers, bone weights, bones for that matter, won't be imported. If I remember correctly. Though it has been quite some time since I've touched Blender, they may have updated it since, but I wouldn't get too optimistic about that.
Re: Is there a way to convert Fable TLC Hero models? [message #54139 is a reply to message #54138] Tue, 08 September 2009 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3ds would be able to import the bones though, right?
Re: Is there a way to convert Fable TLC Hero models? [message #54140 is a reply to message #54139] Tue, 08 September 2009 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Yes, with the mofo DirectX import plugin. You'll need the Pandasoft DirectX exporter plugin as well if you want to export animated models.

Also, announcement on a related note: There is a way to preserve model weighting in 3DS.
Selecting the Skin modifier for a mesh and weighting a single vertex exactly as it already is will correct the weighting on the mesh. Do this for each mesh in the model and it's accurate more or less. This only works on export if you don't change the number of vertices in the mesh, so, adjustments only.

Ailia's known this for years and years and has only hinted about this recently.
Re: Is there a way to convert Fable TLC Hero models? [message #54144 is a reply to message #54140] Wed, 09 September 2009 10:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Can Java 3d import bones?
Re: Is there a way to convert Fable TLC Hero models? [message #54145 is a reply to message #54144] Wed, 09 September 2009 11:03 Go to previous message

Retired
Bobantha wrote on Wed, 09 September 2009 12:34

Can Java 3d import bones?
No. Big time no. Java 3D is not what you think it is.

Forgot to mention that for animated meshes, you'll need 3DS 6-9, as only the older versions of the Pandasoft export plugin export the scene correctly.
Previous Topic: Just some ideas.
Next Topic: Retexture Tutorial Request
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 15:08:31 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00993 seconds