Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » Bodyguard Modding
Bodyguard Modding [message #54381] Fri, 25 September 2009 01:13 Go to next message
Little_Thing is currently offline  Little_Thing
Hi everyone. I'm pretty new at modding (just downloaded the tools yesterday). After reading many instructions and been through tons of trials and errors, I made a Summoner Bodyguard. Work quite well (Warning: big ones - 1280x800, maxed out in a low-end laptop):

But then, I found out some bugs:

I tried this script:
http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&th=6721

It works fine. But everytime I return to Lookout Point, another is spawned.

So the problem is: I don't know how to make it spawn like original bodyguard. Hope someone can help me.

- This bodyguard has both voices of a bodyguard and a Summoner. I found out that editing text.big to change voice but it's quite complicated. It would be great if someone explain it to me.

- When the bodyguard dies, he just stands there, freeze and vanish(I choose not to keep the corpse), not breaking like original Summoners. What should I edit in CDef to make it work??

- Can I edit the icon of the bodyguard (on the right)??

Thank you for reading my post.

UPDATE: He can draw, sheathe his sword; walk and run to keep up with player. Should notice that his "Slam" attack damages everyone (both allies and enemies).

And one more thing, he didn't follow me to Bowerstone but to other regions, don't know why..

[Updated on: Sat, 26 September 2009 05:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Bodyguard Modding [message #54388 is a reply to message #54381] Sat, 26 September 2009 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Welcome to our forums. As you probably noticed it's pretty quiet these days, so it's good to have new active members.

As for you questions.
q1: My scripting is rusty, so can't really help you here. But guess this way is better then no respawn at all. It's also good to post your own script in your post, although it's copied from somewhere else, you did change some things, right?

q2: I believe you can get rid of the voice by changing
ScriptData "_EVIL2";

into
ScriptData "NULL";

Although this will screw up any dialogue in text that the bodyguard uses. But since that is very limited in the game, I never found that to be a problem.

q3: Don't have a clue how to fix this. You didn't make a new CREATURE entry in the game.bin for your bodyguard did you?

q4: Yes. You'll have to find the icon in the textures.big, then it's just a retexture.

[edit]
The hud icons start at ID 6098.
Be aware that these are alpha enabled textures. So if you edit them, make sure you use a file format that supports alpha channels.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.

[Updated on: Sat, 26 September 2009 02:45]

Re: Bodyguard Modding [message #54390 is a reply to message #54381] Sat, 26 September 2009 05:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Little_Thing is currently offline  Little_Thing
Thanks JohnDoe for moving this thread to its right place. And a big thank you to OldBoy for giving valuable information.
Quote:

My scripting is rusty, so can't really help you here. But guess this way is better then no respawn at all. It's also good to post your own script in your post, although it's copied from somewhere else, you did change some things, right?

Oops, forgot to attach the file, will edit the 1st post. My bad.
I just change the creature and its health. Guess I will put it in a Demon Door.
Quote:

I believe you can get rid of the voice by changing
ScriptData "_EVIL2";

into
ScriptData "NULL";

Although this will screw up any dialogue in text that the bodyguard uses. But since that is very limited in the game, I never found that to be a problem

Will try that. Thank you.
Quote:

Don't have a clue how to fix this. You didn't make a new CREATURE entry in the game.bin for your bodyguard did you?

I did make a new entry.

Strange thing that in my first attempt, I extracted a bodyguard and used its content to make a new entry. I changed graphic but he still remains as a bodyguard. So I went to CDef and change almost (the ones with BODYGUARD and VILLAGER) everything into the Summoner. When I saw him again, he is invisible, but I can still target him. And when I killed him, he broke into pieces.

I'll mess with CDefs one more time. Hope it will work.
Quote:

Yes. You'll have to find the icon in the textures.big, then it's just a retexture.

[edit]
The hud icons start at ID 6098.
Be aware that these are alpha enabled textures. So if you edit them, make sure you use a file format that supports alpha channels.

Very helpful. Thank you so much.

And one more thing, he didn't follow me to Bowerstone but to other regions, don't know why..

[Updated on: Sat, 26 September 2009 05:25]

Re: Bodyguard Modding [message #54391 is a reply to message #54390] Sat, 26 September 2009 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Little_Thing wrote on Sat, 26 September 2009 14:15

[b][color=seagreen]I did make a new entry.

Strange thing that in my first attempt, I extracted a bodyguard and used its content to make a new entry. I changed graphic but he still remains as a bodyguard. So I went to CDef and change almost (the ones with BODYGUARD and VILLAGER) everything into the Summoner. When I saw him again, he is invisible, but I can still target him. And when I killed him, he broke into pieces.

I'll mess with CDefs one more time. Hope it will work.

I thought you might did something like that.
It's better to go around the other way:
-> Export the entry data from the summoner
-> Create a new creature with that data

Also I'd recommend creating a new BRAIN entry based on the entry data from the summoner brain.
Then check the BRAIN entry for a bodyguard, and add the stuff to your new brain that you think you need to make him follow and such.

Good luck.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: Bodyguard Modding [message #55604 is a reply to message #54381] Tue, 05 January 2010 22:59 Go to previous message
Glabrezu is currently offline  Glabrezu
Im having problems with editing pre-existing bodyguards
i want to give them a ranged attack

so i opened the creature_body_guard
added a crystal xbow into "weapon 3" (all bandits/guards have the xbow there it seems)
-didnt work, body guard had the xbow but didnt fire

i changed "attack style" to bandit archer
-still doesnt work

i changed "usemeleeweaponasdefault" from 1 to 0
-still no success

i looked into the bodyguards brain (sounds rather macarbe huh?) but they have ranged attacks in there just like bandit archer

the body guard will pose with the crossbow but wont fire, anyone any ideas?
yeh also gave them a sword with aumentation that should make them regenerate health, that doesnt seem to work either (sword was changed but they dont regenerate)

help appreciated
Previous Topic: Easy Make Muscle Size Perfect+Scar/Bruise Removing
Next Topic: How to spawn trees, easy way
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 19:27:04 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01002 seconds