Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » the beer tankard question
the beer tankard question [message #54475] Sun, 04 October 2009 09:55 Go to next message
warischoy is currently offline  warischoy
there is a splash of water comming out of the tankard when you swing with it.
which effect is that.
if i want my sword of aeons to have water coming out of it how do i do it?

only mods at christmas, easter and summer holiday when i am in hong kong.
the rest i study in england and my mum won't let me bring my laptop.
Re: the beer tankard question [message #54479 is a reply to message #54475] Sun, 04 October 2009 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Open the OBJECT entry of the sword. Browse the CDefs in the entry, find and open the CObjectAugmentationsDef.
The aeon swords use health, experience and mana augments, I believe.

First, scroll down and take a look at some of the first effect array listings, fire would be a good one. You'll see how it's done, the top two fields are fire "wisp" effects and the two fields below that are fire "whoosh" effects. I want you to take a look at this because the health/mana/experience ones don't have both and I don't want you getting confused.

Now, scroll down until you see a reference to an effect labeled as health, mana or experience. Where the wisp effects would go, type in 811 to assign effect "GUI_METAL_SPARKLE". Where the whoosh effects would go, type in 376 to assign effect "SMALL_SPLASH". Do this for all three augments that the sword uses (health, mana, experience).

Apply Changes, Save Mods and Run Fable.
Re: the beer tankard question [message #54503 is a reply to message #54475] Mon, 05 October 2009 05:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks but is it possible to not sacriface my already existing augumentation effects for the splash effect.
e.g. make a new augumentation entry?

Re: the beer tankard question [message #54505 is a reply to message #54503] Mon, 05 October 2009 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
I think Kesh said it was possible. But I'm pretty sure the augment effects rotate, so if you have four active augment effects, the splash effect will only happen once each cycle. I'm saying it would look weird.
Re: the beer tankard question [message #54506 is a reply to message #54475] Mon, 05 October 2009 05:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i understand what you mean.
but only flame and lighting has a swing effect.
is it possible to maybe add a swing effect on the sharping aug
so that i can fit my water splash effect on it?
i really like my flame lighting aug effect and don't want to kill it.

Re: the beer tankard question [message #54512 is a reply to message #54506] Mon, 05 October 2009 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
The SoA doesn't use fire, lightning or sharpening augments.
And if the other sharpening effects exist, you can use them.
Re: the beer tankard question [message #54514 is a reply to message #54475] Mon, 05 October 2009 12:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know,
i modded it.
what i mean is to make a whoosh entry for the sharpining aug
so that i can have water coming out of it when i use sharpining
augumentation.
is it possible if so how?

Re: the beer tankard question [message #54515 is a reply to message #54514] Mon, 05 October 2009 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
You're difficult to work with.
Clear the initial augments from the SoA, either replace them with sharpening augments or you can add them in-game later (I believe this requires a new save, or you can use the +24 trainer to clear the augments and add the new ones in-game). Change the augment effects used by the sharpening augment type to the ones that I gave you.
Re: the beer tankard question [message #54516 is a reply to message #54475] Mon, 05 October 2009 12:38 Go to previous message
thanks. yes, i know i am a difficult person.
i haven't got my laptop now because my bloody mum don't let my bring it to england so i can only rely on memory
i don't really add them augs in game. i go to the soa CauguementationsDef and add the augumentations as intital augumentations. easier way to do it i think.

Previous Topic: Weapon damage editing
Next Topic: New way to spawn items(i think)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 07:24:17 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01722 seconds