Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » [New] Sword of Legends/Sword Of Damnation
[New] Sword of Legends/Sword Of Damnation [message #54604] Sun, 11 October 2009 20:17 Go to next message
Logik is currently offline  Logik
This is my first mod. Its very simplistic so shouldn't be any bugs.
Includes-
Modified Avo's Tear - (Sword Of Legends)
Modified Sword of Aeons - (Sword Of Damnation)
(Each does 1,000,000 [1mil.] Damage. So basically One-Hit kills)

Names are probably not changed, in time I plan on making them custom items. With there own hiding spot ( Wink ).

http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af296/Logik_album/10-11-2009100414PM.jpg

ENJOY!

[Updated on: Tue, 13 October 2009 15:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: [New] Sword of Legends/Sword Of Damnation [message #54605 is a reply to message #54604] Mon, 12 October 2009 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
You need to include edited CDefs when you package FMPs. All you have there is the two OBJECT entries, unchanged, and so the mod makes no changes. Be sure to give the CDefs a name before packaging them.

Moving this to the WIPs forum for now.
Re: [New] Sword of Legends/Sword Of Damnation [message #54614 is a reply to message #54605] Mon, 12 October 2009 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So your saying make it a custom Item? If so, then it might take a little bit. But heres what I did, Went in and edited SWORD_OF_AEONS and SWORD_OF_AEONS_GOOD and made them have 1mil damage, and changed the inventory names. You still go get Sword of Aeons or Avo's Tear from the original place (I.E. Defeat Jack or Guild graves), but its just renamed and -way- more damage.

Thanks,
-Logik

P.S. My reasoning behind this (If you care:) Is that instead of DL'ing the item you have to beat the missions so you don't just use it and fly through everything, and I haven't yet learned how to add it into the game and incorperate a challenge to get the sword.

[Updated on: Mon, 12 October 2009 13:50]

Re: [New] Sword of Legends/Sword Of Damnation [message #54615 is a reply to message #54614] Mon, 12 October 2009 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Read this.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: [New] Sword of Legends/Sword Of Damnation [message #54616 is a reply to message #54615] Mon, 12 October 2009 14:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oo, thanks. In progress, Btw, oldboy by following your tut's that you rounded up is how I semi-learned how to mod fable. xD Good work! Very Happy

Thanks a ton,
-Logik

[Updated on: Mon, 12 October 2009 14:55]

Re: [New] Sword of Legends/Sword Of Damnation [message #54618 is a reply to message #54615] Mon, 12 October 2009 15:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay okay. I get it, I make the item then, if needed edit the actual tng of where I want it (Put it in etc.) And or script an event. I prolly just put it on the guild boasting podeum.

Another thing, if I just export the OBJECT_SWORD_OF_AEON and OBJECT_SWORD_OF_AEON_GOOD and import it into a new object, and edit around some of the Cdefs that I want to change, thats it? Just load it to an FMP after that.
Re: [New] Sword of Legends/Sword Of Damnation [message #54619 is a reply to message #54618] Mon, 12 October 2009 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
I think you're missing the lesson here.

You edited a CDef - that CDef needs to go into the FMP when you package it. You edited text entries, those need to go in the FMP. You edit it - it goes in the FMP.

Now, might I also suggest that when you edit the items, you rename them (or give them names in the case of CDefs), except for the OBJECT entries, as these will be the ones to get replaced. I suggest this for two reasons:
1. They're easier to find (especially if you are using a tool with a search function).
2. As part of the Good Modding Practices Act of Nevar, this way is recommended as it is much easier to revert to the original data, only needing the original OBJECT entries and not every original entry.
Re: [New] Sword of Legends/Sword Of Damnation [message #54620 is a reply to message #54619] Mon, 12 October 2009 16:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message

[Updated on: Tue, 13 October 2009 15:49]

Re: [New] Sword of Legends/Sword Of Damnation [message #54621 is a reply to message #54620] Mon, 12 October 2009 18:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
You don't have to make new items. If you want to edit the existing items (and I agree with your reasoning in doing so) then you'll want to leave the OBJECT entries named as they are. And by leaving the items named as they are, you won't need to modify anything in order to make the weapon available, because they already are.

But, if you give them unique names, you'll need to have them spawned through a chest, barrel, searchable container, digging spot, fishing spot or just have it laying there on the ground somewhere, or instead of editing the map scripts you can have them spawn into the Hero's inventory, drop from a creature death or have it set to be a quest reward through the definitions.

None of that is my main point though, the main thing I'm trying to get across is that the OBJECT entries by themselves won't make any changes. You have to include the edited CDefs, text entries and anything else you edited (preferably [re]named) in the FMP or it won't do anything.
Re: [New] Sword of Legends/Sword Of Damnation [message #54645 is a reply to message #54621] Tue, 13 October 2009 14:27 Go to previous message
OH.. Wow, Im stupid. Okay, well thanks. So I edited the Inventory Name, although its still sword of aeons it says, "Sword of Damnation" Etc. I've got to add those individual CDefs. ;D I was making that way too complicated.
At first I thought I understood. But now I do thanks.
Okay yea I get this, instead of giving you the weapon with the same exact links, i've got to edit the cdefs (links) w/e. Will be done soon.
NVM Problem Resolved. And I relized about what your saying with the name of the item and why I cant change it etc.
Should be finished within the hour. Thanks a ton.

Don't double/triple post, use the edit button instead. - JohnDoe

Sorry. Okay should be finished. Tell me what you think ;D

[Updated on: Tue, 13 October 2009 15:43]

Previous Topic: Hal Sword
Next Topic: Buster Sword (needs some texture help)
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 00:33:46 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01025 seconds