Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Objects » New Weapons: Particle Swords
New Weapons: Particle Swords [message #54727] Wed, 21 October 2009 22:38 Go to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired

About:
This mod adds three melee weapons to the game.

Light Particle Sword & Dark Particle Sword do 220 damage, cannot be augmented, have blue/red effects, trails and hud icons.

The Master Particle Sword does 250 base damage and has four open augment slots has mostly white effects that are slightly larger, white trails and uses the epic quake hud icon because I couldn't find anything else that was really cool.

Spawn As:
OBJECT_PARTICLE_SWORD_GOOD
OBJECT_PARTICLE_SWORD_EVIL
OBJECT_PARTICLE_SWORD_MASTER

Boring Stuff:
This mod uses an alternative method to attach effects to melee weapons, you can use multiple effects and the effects don't disappear when swinging nor do they duplicate with each swing - better appearance and no lag.
This mod also adds new effects. There weren't any cool lightsaber ripoffs already there. Except morerunes' Avo Will Torch/Skorm Will Torch available in GWAS. Truth is that I got the idea from morerunes' work. Smile

*** IMPORTANT NOTE ***
This mod adds new entries to the effects.big, use FE to load the FMP.
Or make sure to open the effects.big archive in ChocolateBox prior to loading the mod.

Enjoy.

[Updated on: Fri, 30 October 2009 01:09]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New Weapons: Particle Swords [message #54857 is a reply to message #54727] Thu, 29 October 2009 14:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

Thanks for the mention, and I really do like these better than my will torch Wink

However, I actually got the idea from DarkenedSoul who made a lightsaber before me, posted screenshots, but never posted a mod.

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: New Weapons: Particle Swords [message #54864 is a reply to message #54857] Fri, 30 October 2009 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
James Butts wrote on Fri, 30 October 2009 00:27

Wow, you messed it up again:
Well, somebody screwed up, but it wasn't me this time. Razz
The FMP adds new effects. Don't use CBox to load the mod, or if you do, at least make sure to open the effects.big archive first. Wink

[Updated on: Fri, 30 October 2009 01:10]

Report message to a moderator

Re: New Weapons: Particle Swords [message #58750 is a reply to message #54727] Sun, 01 August 2010 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
So I've come up with what I think to be improved effects for this.

Screenshots (warning, they're all 1280x1024):

*Trail textures are original textures.
**Each weapon has just one effect, but divided into two parts. One sort of pulsates and is attached to the weapon. The other is fainter, lighter and trails the weapon for a split second.

Here's my question: Would anyone be interested in using these new effects?
Re: New Weapons: Particle Swords [message #58810 is a reply to message #54727] Mon, 09 August 2010 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

Heck, if you make a cyan one I'll use it for Avo's Will Torch. I'd really love that.

icon14.gif  Re: New Weapons: Particle Swords [message #67765 is a reply to message #54727] Sat, 12 January 2013 12:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Xeras
Where can these swords be found at?
Re: New Weapons: Particle Swords [message #67775 is a reply to message #67765] Wed, 16 January 2013 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Administrator

They aren't. You have to spawn them yourself.

Re: New Weapons: Particle Swords [message #69274 is a reply to message #54857] Mon, 05 August 2013 09:44 Go to previous message
Keshire is currently offline  Keshire

Administrator
morerunes wrote on Thu, 29 October 2009 16:20

Thanks for the mention, and I really do like these better than my will torch Wink

However, I actually got the idea from DarkenedSoul who made a lightsaber before me, posted screenshots, but never posted a mod.

It's always nice to see work actually being used. I started messing with effects after Silverback pointed out some of their format.

I used that knowledge to make a sword that cried particles, and the bandito hat with smoking cig in the gallery.

Apathy Cannot Inspire.
Ambivalence cannot lead.
Loved me. Feared me.
Changed me. Killed me.
Anything would be something.
But nothing is worst of all.
Previous Topic: DAEDRIC HELMET (Skyrim Helmet)
Next Topic: Weapon effects and explosions
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 06:33:50 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01550 seconds