Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » New way to spawn items(i think)
icon7.gif  New way to spawn items(i think) [message #54830] Tue, 27 October 2009 16:59 Go to next message
charrzarr is currently offline  charrzarr
i found that u can spawn items(like new weapons) by entering the scripts through FE
then find a reward object(i preferr the style cards and and rewards for beardybaldy) and switch the reward to the item u want spawned...im not very good at explaining so if there is someone on here that can phrase it better than me then i would be very thankful...if this is alredy in a sticky or something then im very sorry(i checked but i may have missed) if it isnt in a sticky(for instance a tutorial type deal) i think it would be a great tip for noobs (like me Razz ) who cant spawn chests due to inexperience or lazieness

If all else fails, slap 'em with a fish.
Re: New way to spawn items(i think) [message #54831 is a reply to message #54830] Tue, 27 October 2009 17:41 Go to previous message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
You, oh you, I don't like you. Once more - this is not new.

You can edit the CContainerRewardHeroDef's of CREATURE entries to include the OBJECT_FAMILY entries you want. You can make new OBJECT_FAMILY entries to include any item you want. You can edit the CQuestCardDef's of quest card OBJECT entries to include any post-quest reward item. You can edit the Hero's Weapon1/Weapon2 values to any inventory item. You can edit the Hero's CCreatureDef to include a number of clothing items. You can edit the CScriptDef to acquire items through different channels in-game (e.g., assassins, arena, Beardy Baldy, etc.). You can edit a CShopDef to include items you want to buy. Even making it free if you want. You can spawn items in level scripts through a chest, a barrel, a searchable container, a creature, a digging spot, a fishing spot, or just by putting the object right on the ground. You can also use the Shop Trainer to hack shopkeepers to have the item you want to buy.

There is no shortage of ways to spawn items. Just a shortage of people taking a moment to learn how to spawn items.

[Updated on: Tue, 27 October 2009 17:42]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: the beer tankard question
Next Topic: Darth Nihilus Mask *Discussion*
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:40:54 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01122 seconds