Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » Adding Armor
icon9.gif  Adding Armor [message #54956] Sat, 07 November 2009 20:25 Go to next message
Asatra is currently offline  Asatra
Okay, so I'm a pretty big noob; I've only been modding for about a year, and most of that has been very simple. I'm not sure if this should be in the "Request" section, and if it shouldn't, please do move it. Moved to Graphics Editing. My question is: has anyone ever made a tutorial on how to take armor from a .X file and put it into Fable T L C? If not, could someone please explain? Mainly, I want to do this to Crazybunny's halo helmet .X file, but I would also like to know how for future reference. If no one wants to make a tutorial, then just turning the halo helmet .X file into a .FMP would be fine; however, I'd prefer a tutorial. Thanks a lot!!

(I'd ask Crazybunny, but apparently he's left the forum.)

(I've attached Crazybunny's helmet .X file. If that's not okay, just delete it; I'll post a link.) Post a link.

*EDIT: Off topic...but on another subject, why was my "Shield" request deleted? It's not in the deletion logs, might be a forum error.

**EDIT: http://fabletlcmod.com/forum/index.php?t=msg&&th=350 9
Here's the link.

Oaictkk Forshuuppe.
(That's Flimponian for "If you care, you're a nerd.")

[Updated on: Sun, 08 November 2009 11:19]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Adding Armor [message #54957 is a reply to message #54956] Sat, 07 November 2009 20:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Solid headgear is easy. You take the helmet, move it to around where the Hero's head would be while keeping it at origin, weight it to the head bone, import over an existing helmet mesh entry, assign textures, apply changes, rename the entry, create an FMP, close FE without saving, start FE again, load the FMP, you have your new helmet mesh entry. Assign it to a helmet's CAppearanceModifierDef, adjust clipping prevention as needed, you're good to go.
Re: Adding Armor [message #54963 is a reply to message #54957] Sun, 08 November 2009 11:21 Go to previous message
Asatra is currently offline  Asatra
By "import over an existing helmet", you mean like how you add weapons?
I'm kinda confused...Embarassed
Thanks a lot, though!
EDIT* By 'kinda' I mean really, really, really confused...I don't even know which programs I need; maybe I should tackle some simpler stuff first. If I DO decide to tackle something simpler, could you make a .FMP of the helmet for me to use? Thanks!

Oaictkk Forshuuppe.
(That's Flimponian for "If you care, you're a nerd.")

[Updated on: Sun, 08 November 2009 11:43]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Rigged Meshes from Blender Won't Work
Next Topic: Another One!
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 15:20:25 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01079 seconds