Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Mods » Work In Progress » Buster Sword (needs some texture help)  () 1 Vote
Buster Sword (needs some texture help) [message #55043] Sun, 15 November 2009 13:50 Go to next message
Thejman92 is currently offline  Thejman92
Hey guys, this is my first mod and it only took me 4 days of after school work. There are a few minor problems such as:
-It looks crappy Embarassed (for some reason theres a bunch of "lines")
-The textures didn't come out in the game Rolling Eyes
-And theres a minor problem with the handle, when you swing the hero's hand can go through it.

Yes, I do call these minor, mainly because I'm just happy I got it to work.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated and of course credit will be given.
NOTE: This site nor I am responsible for any damage done to you're computer by downloading/installing this mod.

Death is part of being Human, you can't change that. You just change what it means to be Human.

[Updated on: Sun, 15 November 2009 15:35]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Buster Sword (needs some texture help) [message #55045 is a reply to message #55043] Sun, 15 November 2009 15:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
UV coords. You need to set up the texture skinning.
Thejman92 wrote on Sun, 15 November 2009 15:50

NOTE: This site nor I am responsible for any damage done to you're computer by downloading/installing this mod.
Pretty sure that won't be a problem as you didn't upload the mod.
Re: Buster Sword (needs some texture help) [message #55046 is a reply to message #55043] Sun, 15 November 2009 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Oh, um if you don't mind my asking what exactly are UV coord? Coordinates of some type? And about the mod upload, I was being stupid and completely got stuck on something simple Rolling Eyes but its here now!

Death is part of being Human, you can't change that. You just change what it means to be Human.

[Updated on: Sun, 15 November 2009 15:38]

Re: Buster Sword (needs some texture help) [message #55048 is a reply to message #55046] Sun, 15 November 2009 16:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
Did you model the sword? The texture doesn't just go where you want it to go just because you want it to, you have to map the UV coordinates to the mesh.

Definition; Tutorial; Texporter Tutorial (if you want to use Texporter).
Re: Buster Sword (needs some texture help) [message #55052 is a reply to message #55043] Sun, 15 November 2009 18:13 Go to previous message
I made the sword from scratch using 3ds max. I didn't do anything with uv and there was no problem untill I used boolean to cut the two holes. Thats when all the crazy lines showed up.
Dang, I was really hoping they would just go were I wanted them to. Mad
EDIT* By the way thanks for the tutorials and stuff, will start working on it soon.

[Updated on: Mon, 16 November 2009 14:36]

Previous Topic: [New] Sword of Legends/Sword Of Damnation
Next Topic: Fable - The Frozen Lands
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:39:01 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01240 seconds