Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Tools Discussion » Hesperus +24 Trainer Crashes Game on Vista
Hesperus +24 Trainer Crashes Game on Vista [message #55047] Sun, 15 November 2009 15:52 Go to next message
Venator is currently offline  Venator
I saw this mentioned (at least that people couldn't get it to work) in a couple other threads, but never really directly addressed, so I figured I'd give it a thread of its own.

I was curious if anyone else who had seen this problem figured out how to fix it. Whenever I attempt to use an option from the +24 trainer my game crashes once the trainer tries to manipulate the value. For example, if I click on a button to manipulate the hero's age the game crashes once I try to enter the "Personality" screen, which is when the trainer actually attempts to change the value.

I have tried running it with compatibility for Windows XP SP2 enabled and with the "Run as Administrator" option enabled, but to no avail. The game still crashes every time. I realize it's entirely possible that the move to Vista means I cannot use the trainer anymore (I only have one hard drive), but I wanted to be sure first. I remember using the trainer back on my older system and I'm missing its wide range of capability, lol.

I am on Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit now (I've been wondering if the 64-bit element has had something to do with it). Here are some things I have not tried yet but will if I see no other or specific answer:

1. I am using the No-CD executable, a matter of convinience. I'm pretty sure I'd used the trainer while using that before, but I could always try restoring the original one.

2. I have not started over with a new save/profile. It wouldn't be too bad to do this, as I haven't gotten that far in again yet, but if there's something (else) that works I'd prefer to do that first.

3. I have not tried to reinstall yet. Sometimes that what you have to do, but of course there's no guarantee it will work. If that's the solution (or at least if there are no other possibilities) then so be it, but certainly it'd be simpler not to if I don't have to.

Alternatively, if all else fails, maybe someone would be inclined to try and update it for Vista compatibility. As I've come to understand it no one has gotten in touch with the original creator of the trainer for some time now, but if anyone does know how to contact him it may be polite at least to ask if he is all right with that. (Assuming it is both necessary and someone wishes to even do it.)

[Updated on: Sun, 15 November 2009 15:53]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Hesperus +24 Trainer Crashes Game on Vista [message #55068 is a reply to message #55047] Sat, 21 November 2009 17:07 Go to previous message
dimmy353 is currently offline  dimmy353
It crashes because it modifies a different value that of course will crash the game (due to the fact of having some weird values in the wrong place and time). Well, you can try to apply this "cheat" through a mod, that could be easer than looking around a way to fix a problem of a tool that has been ultra noobished by people that wouldn't read that it isn't a trojan.

[Updated on: Sat, 21 November 2009 17:08]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: Fable Explorer Not Working
Next Topic: I cant figure out how to use fableshop trainer final
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Tue Apr 23 19:03:37 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00864 seconds