Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » ARMOUR entries
ARMOUR entries [message #55082] Wed, 25 November 2009 09:13 Go to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
1. Finding the ARMOUR entry:

1a. Always go through the root entry. Always. Open the CREATURE entry whose ARMOUR entry you want to edit.

1b. Browse its CDefs, find and open the CHitLocationsDef.

1c. In the CHitLocationsDef, there will be a HIT_LOCATION entry listed. Open it.

Note 1: Sometimes there are more than just one HIT_LOCATION entry, for example, CREATURE_ASSASSIN links to two entries. The names of these entries gives away which one you'll want to edit, HIT_LOCATION_BANDIT and HIT_LOCATION_CREATURE_HEAD. For this one, go with HIT_LOCATION_BANDIT.

Note 2: There are some HIT_LOCATION entries that FE/CBox can't open, throwing a mismatch error. If this happens, let me know which entry it is - I'm currently working on building on the def.xml to allow more entries to work (in my spare time).

1d. In the HIT_LOCATION entry, there will be a link to an ARMOUR entry, open it.

2. Editing the ARMOUR entry:

2a. Of course I always suggest duplicating the entry and relinking as desired, but for the purposes of this tutorial I'll skip that. Seriously though, duplicate the entry, don't edit the original. I've posted elsewhere how to do this.

2b. Content of the entry:
4F1221A7 - AugmentationResponse
E8DCE48C - DamageTypeResponse
6F099188 - ArmourThresholds
And the rest.

The next three bits are booleans.
The first one is labeled, and it's exactly what it says. 0 - normal. 1 - every hit will knock the creature down.
The second one is unlabeled, but I think it's like an 'invincible' on/off switch, 0 is normal, 1 is invincible, maybe.
The third one is unknown. But like the others, 0 - normal. 1 - don't know, try it.

DamageMaterial and BlockMaterial link to material entries. These tell the game what effects to use on hits.

[Updated on: Wed, 25 November 2009 11:18]

Report message to a moderator

Re: ARMOUR entries [message #55086 is a reply to message #55082] Wed, 25 November 2009 11:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

I see you followed my recommendation Wink
I'll follow yours then, shall I?

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Re: ARMOUR entries [message #55087 is a reply to message #55086] Wed, 25 November 2009 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
OldBoy wrote on Wed, 25 November 2009 13:55

I see you followed my recommendation Wink
I'll follow yours then, shall I?
Yes please. Smile
This way is better than the current ARMOUR rating guide as it edits the CAppearanceModifierDef ratings, which should be left alone as they are constants. That and those are only for the Hero, and this is for all creatures.
Re: ARMOUR entries [message #55088 is a reply to message #55087] Wed, 25 November 2009 12:05 Go to previous message
OldBoy is currently offline  OldBoy

Administrator

Done, kept the other method for any future reference someone might be looker for.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/1640/48x48exit.png
this is not an exit.
Previous Topic: Cutscene Update
Next Topic: creating weather
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 18:27:05 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01115 seconds