Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Definition Editing » creating weather
creating weather [message #55100] Thu, 26 November 2009 19:36 Go to next message
oryp is currently offline  oryp
I'm fairly new to making my own areas, I was wondering how to make it snow in a reigon. I'm making a town and it is a snowy themed reigon and I would like to have snowfall also. How do I do this?thank you for your time.
Re: creating weather [message #55101 is a reply to message #55100] Thu, 26 November 2009 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
The region that your town is in, it is defined in the WLD. In there, it will have things like which maps are in the region, which maps can be seen but aren't really in the region, what minimap to use, stuff like that. Find the RegionDef line, in it, there will be the name of a REGION entry. Go to FE, open that entry, find the links to the environment theme entries. Change them to the environment themes used by a region that you know has snow.

Want to be smart? Open two environment entries, one that makes a region snow, another that does not. Compare the two and change the one that doesn't snow, giving it values from the one that does snow until you find out exactly which values control snow. Then tell us and we'll make you a cake.
Re: creating weather [message #55103 is a reply to message #55101] Fri, 27 November 2009 12:58 Go to previous message
oryp is currently offline  oryp
I'll do the smart one and figure that out if I can, I'm just having a hard time finding which enviroment theme that prison island/ path uses.
Previous Topic: ARMOUR entries
Next Topic: how to change the colour of skin
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 21:14:56 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01462 seconds