Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » General Mod Discussion » Just a question.
Just a question. [message #55110] Fri, 27 November 2009 20:56 Go to next message
nicomon is currently offline  nicomon
Is there anyway to disable quests? I was just wondering, because I'm tired of doing the childhood every time I change something. It doesn't have to be just childhood that is disabled, either, it can be other quests too.

I divided by zero and survived.
Two of Diamonds, people. This is important.
Re: Just a question. [message #55111 is a reply to message #55110] Fri, 27 November 2009 22:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
I haven't run Fable with quests in quite some time, I can't even remember.

Anyway, the simplest way that I know (and only way that I know to be honest) is to edit the user.ini. Fine the ActivateQuest("Gameflow"); line and comment it out by adding // in front of the line (//ActivateQuest("Gameflow");) or erase it from the file completely (I recommend commenting it out though). You'll also want to edit the userst.ini. Comment out the SetStartingHolySite line. You can also change the value for SetStartingHolySite to the ScriptName of any holy site defined in the TNGs or GTG to have that be your initial spawn.

Start a new game. You'll start out in Lookout Point. There will be no quests, no quest NPCs (like the Guild Master), you will have no weapons, and you'll only have the clothes that are assigned to the Hero's CCreatureDef. You'll have no spells, no skill upgrades or anything else. You'll not be able to reach certain parts of Albion without making a teleport (but after you get there, you can use the Cullis Gates).

So, definitely add a chest with some basic essentials like gold, armour, weapons, misc. items, etc. And there you go, sandbox Albion.

Note: Saving can get screwed up from time to time. If it gets stuck on a "saving, please don't blah blah blah" but the mouse still moves, select another save slot and it should work. I don't think there are any autosaves/autoloads either.
Re: Just a question. [message #55112 is a reply to message #55111] Fri, 27 November 2009 23:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok thanks, I'll try that.

EDIT: I tried it, and now the game freezes every time I start a new profile.

[Updated on: Sat, 28 November 2009 12:03]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Just a question. [message #55118 is a reply to message #55112] Sat, 28 November 2009 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
nicomon wrote on Sat, 28 November 2009 01:31

EDIT: I tried it, and now the game freezes every time I start a new profile.
Did you erase the lines or comment them out? It shouldn't make a difference but... try just commenting them out. If you're using a different holy site for SetStartingHolySite, make sure you're spelling it right. Oh, and some places don't work if you don't remove the quest-related scripts from the TNG, like Picnic Area.

It should work, if it doesn't, then good luck to you because I don't know.
Re: Just a question. [message #55119 is a reply to message #55118] Sat, 28 November 2009 12:16 Go to previous message
JohnDoe wrote on Sat, 28 November 2009 12:11

some places don't work if you don't remove the quest-related scripts from the TNG, like Picnic Area.

That would probably be why. My .WLD is edited so that Lookout Point contains the Picnic Area.

EDIT:ok, it worked the first time, after that it wont anymore again.
EDIT2: Nevermind, it worked.

[Updated on: Fri, 18 December 2009 15:42]

Report message to a moderator

Previous Topic: A Couple Questions From A Newb
Next Topic: Fable Explorer Tutorial
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 05:12:52 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01037 seconds