Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Requests » Seperate steps
Seperate steps [message #55262] Fri, 18 December 2009 15:11 Go to next message
nicomon is currently offline  nicomon
Would it be possible for someone to seperate the steps/platform from the rest of the Oracle?

I divided by zero and survived.
Two of Diamonds, people. This is important.
Re: Seperate steps [message #55263 is a reply to message #55262] Fri, 18 December 2009 17:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
And what would you mean by that? You mean the mesh? The functionality?
I once considered taking a demon door face, slapping it inside a demon door, and turning it into an oracle. Is this something close to what you're talking about?
Re: Seperate steps [message #55264 is a reply to message #55263] Fri, 18 December 2009 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry for not being clear, I mean removing the mountain so only this part is left:

It doesn't matter to about the circular part, though.

[Updated on: Fri, 18 December 2009 18:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Seperate steps [message #55265 is a reply to message #55264] Fri, 18 December 2009 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Ah, well I imagine that this might be easy so long as the texture coordinates don't get borked on export. I'll see what I can cook up.
Re: Seperate steps [message #55266 is a reply to message #55264] Fri, 18 December 2009 20:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Okay, I'm getting closer.
http://i.imgur.com/tIhF7.png
It all came out as one mesh with one texture, so I've been breaking it back down into pieces and matching up textures. The texture coordinates however aren't going to be as much the problem as I had thought, but there are a few things here and there, luckily easy to fix though.

Right now I need a few reference pics to see what it's supposed to look like in-game, so that I can match it up right. I need to see:
The inside wall of the tunnel part;
The trimming of the stairs;
The parts between the top of the stairs and the center at the top;
The center of the top of the stairs and the trimming around that.

And that should do it. After I'm done with this part, I'll rework the collision mesh which is thankfully much, much easier.

[Updated on: Fri, 18 December 2009 20:05]

Re: Seperate steps [message #55267 is a reply to message #55266] Fri, 18 December 2009 20:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How's these?
Toggle Spoiler

[Updated on: Fri, 18 December 2009 20:42]

Re: Seperate steps [message #55268 is a reply to message #55267] Fri, 18 December 2009 20:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
By trim I meant the part between the top of the wall part and where the stairs meet the wall, I guess I should have called it a wall, it's just too small I think to call a wall. But I think I got it, those pictures are good and I'm almost finished. Smile

Another plus, it turns out that the collision mesh doesn't even have the mountain part of it, not even the round piece in the center, just the stairs, so I don't even have to touch that.

Again, almost done. I'll have it up before the night is done. Wink
Re: Seperate steps [message #55269 is a reply to message #55262] Fri, 18 December 2009 21:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
Alright, here you go.
This FMP adds two mesh entries, one with the center piece and one without. Both use the same collision mesh as the original which didn't provide collision for what was removed so that won't be a problem.

All that you have to do is pick which one you want to use and use that as the mesh for the oracle OBJECT entry. It's positioned exactly the same so even the TNG script can be left alone.

Enjoy. Smile
  • Attachment: Oracle.fmp
    (Size: 152.58KB, Downloaded 448 times)
Re: Seperate steps [message #55270 is a reply to message #55269] Fri, 18 December 2009 21:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thank you! I will definitely find this useful! I can't wait to see what can be done with it... thanks again!

EDIT: I tryed it out, and when Snowspire loads it freezes. I know you don't want to be bothered by me saying there are problems with it, I just really like it and want to be able to use it.

[Updated on: Fri, 18 December 2009 22:50]

Re: Seperate steps [message #55271 is a reply to message #55270] Fri, 18 December 2009 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
I was afraid that there might be such a problem. I'll investigate it and see if the problem is something that can be easily fixed. If not, I'm sorry to say that it might be a while before I will have enough time to thoroughly work this one out.
Re: Seperate steps [message #55272 is a reply to message #55271] Fri, 18 December 2009 22:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok. thanks for trying, at least.

Re: Seperate steps [message #55273 is a reply to message #55272] Sat, 19 December 2009 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
nicomon wrote on Sat, 19 December 2009 00:56

Ok. thanks for trying, at least.
I'm not giving up yet, I like the idea.

I redid the mesh and got it working in-game, which is the good news.

The bad news is that there is collision for the mountain and the really bad news is that I have no idea what is putting the collision there because it isn't the collision mesh. I have no idea, I don't know what to make of it.

I can build a new set of entries from scratch, and make a new collision mesh entry as well, the thing with that is that when you load the FMP, you'll need to change which the ID number for which mesh entry is used for collision to that of the new entry since it will be different and neither FE nor CBox automatically update the value on loading the FMP. This has to be done in CBox.

I'll have that up some time today, need to test it this time to make sure everything works.
Re: Seperate steps [message #55276 is a reply to message #55273] Sat, 19 December 2009 02:58 Go to previous message
JohnDoe wrote on Sat, 19 December 2009 01:42

The bad news is that there is collision for the mountain and the really bad news is that I have no idea what is putting the collision there because it isn't the collision mesh. I have no idea, I don't know what to make of it.

Maybe it's the CPhysicsDef?

EDIT: How close are you to being done?

[Updated on: Sun, 20 December 2009 17:24]

Previous Topic: Balverine mod screw up... The lasting "effects"...
Next Topic: Search option for FE
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 03:17:54 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01040 seconds