Fable: The Lost Chapters Mod Scene
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » Fable TLC » Discussion » Graphics Editing » It's invisible
It's invisible [message #55286] Sun, 20 December 2009 16:36 Go to next message
nicomon is currently offline  nicomon
I've been making a new peice of armour in blender, but when I imported it into the game, and tryed to make the hero wear it, his chest just turned invisible, instead of the armour showing up. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

I divided by zero and survived.
Two of Diamonds, people. This is important.
Re: It's invisible [message #55288 is a reply to message #55286] Sun, 20 December 2009 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morerunes is currently offline  morerunes

Administrator

You need to give it a material. After loading the mesh, go to the material tab above the mesh preview. Use another mesh as a reference for values

"All of the work, and none of the play, will surely provide for a speedy decay"
Re: It's invisible [message #55289 is a reply to message #55288] Sun, 20 December 2009 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I thought that might be it at first... but I've given it materials, and it still doesn't appear.

Re: It's invisible [message #55291 is a reply to message #55286] Mon, 21 December 2009 02:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe is currently offline  JohnDoe

Retired
It would be good if you supplied us with the DirectX.
Or at least a screencap of the mesh in FE.
Re: It's invisible [message #55292 is a reply to message #55291] Mon, 21 December 2009 11:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok then, if it'll help.
  • Attachment: scytheshirt.x
    (Size: 463.74KB, Downloaded 490 times)

Re: It's invisible [message #55298 is a reply to message #55286] Mon, 21 December 2009 18:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
That's just a mesh. It has no helpers, no bones, it's static. You shouldn't be able to even import that in FE except over a static mesh, and that won't work as clothing.

I can add the bones and helpers for you, but someone else will have to do the weighting, and someone smarter than me will have to do the smoothing because somewhere between Blender, FE and 3DS, it lost it's smoothing.

The good news is that the mesh itself is in the right place.
Re: It's invisible [message #55299 is a reply to message #55298] Mon, 21 December 2009 23:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
JohnDoe wrote on Mon, 21 December 2009 18:35

I can add the bones and helpers for you

That would be much appreciated, as I don't have a clue how to make helpers in blender (or if it's even possible), and only know that creating bones involves adding something called "armatures" to the mesh. I'll also read over "Blender: Noob to Pro" again to see if there's anything I can help with.(Last time I only read the first couple pages)

[Updated on: Mon, 21 December 2009 23:04]

Report message to a moderator

Re: It's invisible [message #55300 is a reply to message #55299] Mon, 21 December 2009 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Retired
nicomon wrote on Tue, 22 December 2009 01:01

JohnDoe wrote on Mon, 21 December 2009 18:35

I can add the bones and helpers for you

That would be much appreciated, as I don't have a clue how to make helpers in blender (or if it's even possible), and only know that creating bones involves adding something called "armatures" to the mesh. I'll also read over "Blender: Noob to Pro" again to see if there's anything I can help with.(Last time I only read the first couple pages)
Mmm, there may be an issue with your plans. If I remember right, morerunes had posted a laundry list of problems with making animated meshes in Blender, and it takes a mastery understanding of DirectX to overcome these problems.
Re: It's invisible [message #55320 is a reply to message #55300] Tue, 22 December 2009 12:42 Go to previous message
I meant I''l try to read up on the weighting/smoothing and see if I can do that.

Previous Topic: 3D modeling program
Next Topic: What did i do to the graphics?
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 16:04:59 PDT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01036 seconds